Staff/Lead Full Stack Software Engineer (Java) - Remote Work From Home
As a Staff Engineer with Freedom Financial Network, you will contribute directly to the success of the lending business and have a meaningful impact on our customers’ lives.
We are looking for seasoned engineers to bring new and innovative ideas and tackle challenges across the full stack. We believe in building teams that are passionate about solving complex problems and ready to grow and evolve alongside our expanding business and technology footprint.
From your bed to your desk in 30 seconds! We’re proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA, AZ, TX, UT, CO, WA, OR, DE, MD, NC, SC, FL, NV, OR, TN, PA, GA, MN, NJ, NY, VA
How You’ll Contribute:
- Use technology to solve business problems and drive positive outcomes
- Build a scalable technology platform to support a growing business
- Ask questions and never stop learning
- Consistently deliver high-quality code to production
- Building micro-services using Java, Spring Boot
- Integration with various third-party systems
What You’ll Bring:
- More than 7 years of experience developing software solutions is a must
- Experience working in highly collaborative teams
- Ability to demonstrate a team-first attitude towards software development
- FullStack development experience
- Experience designing/developing scalable systems
- Experience with Java, Spring Boot, and Google Cloud Platform
- Experience working with various data stores: SQL preferred
- Experience with, or willingness to learn:
- Event-driven architecture and messaging frameworks (Pub/Sub or Kafka)
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS, and/or Azure)
- Mature engineering practices (CI/CD, testing, secure coding, etc)
- NoSQL, and/or key-value store
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or relevant experience in software development
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona, and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt, and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.