Staff DevOps Engineer
Our core Platform team is reimagining the engineering platform for our projected multi-billion dollar growth. In this role, you will be responsible for our DevOps Infrastructure, including the designing of the core foundation that will support the scaling of 3 business platforms (Freedom Debt Relief, Freedom Personal Lending, and Freedom HELOC Lending). You will influence technology decisions around security, reliability, and scalability. Your expertise will provide a solid technical foundation for infrastructure as code that will support all engineering teams at freedom. If you are passionate about development, automation, developer productivity, security, reliability, scalability, monitoring, you will find home here.
- 7+ years’ experience in Infrastructure automation
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining REST APIs for use in production using Go (Golang), Java, C++ or Python
- Cloud experience (Google/GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Experience with containers (Docker)
- Experience with container orchestration tools (Kubernetes preferred)
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. Terraform preferred)
- Experience working with a scripting language (Python, Shell, Groovy, Shell scripting)
- Familiar with continuous integration systems, cluster management
- Troubleshoot and monitor distributed systems in Dev and Prod environment
- Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
- Very comfortable with Linux & Network administration including load balancing, routing, firewalls, VPN
- Experience with cloud cost management
- Experience in infrastructure security
- Comfortable working with Git/Bitbucket
- Achieve Platform Convergence for Services
- Establish uniform observability for the platform with Metrics, Event Logs, and Tracing
- Improve Engineering DORA Metrics from High to Elite
- Design and develop a Self-Service Kiosk for Developers to manage services
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace a healthy, constructive debate.
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the financial technology industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZ central and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.