Sr. Social Media Manager, (Distribution & Growth) (Remote Work From Home)
Sr. Social Media Manager (Distribution & Growth)
Freedom Financial Network
Who is Freedom Financial Network? A company with a story to tell. A company whose mission is to empower everyday Americans to move forward towards a better financial future. An established, profitable business with employees who love working here enough to vote it "Best Places to Work". Whose customers say things like "they saved my marriage", "they helped me develop a healthier relationship with money," and "I can sleep at night now that I have Freedom in my corner."
We are looking for an innovative, strategic, and driven Sr. Social Media Manager who will manage our social media channels to build brand awareness and deliver broad distribution that will drive acquisition and growth of our suite of financial services. You will be responsible for developing a playbook for a pipeline of breakthrough, shareable, on-brand content that will drive significant organic reach and significantly expand our audience. You will improve consumer engagement and consideration through targeted content production and distribution around social proof, educational content, and advocacy programs. You will mobilize our customers and follower communities to authentically tell their stories. And you will find creative ways to insert our brand into the daily conversation about the financial challenges everyday Americans face.
To be successful in this role, you must have a passion for social media and a relentless thirst for developing content that grabs target consumers’ attention, drives engagement, and delivers performance. You are an expert in existing social media channels, plus you are constantly learning about emerging platforms and how to leverage them. You are strategic, creative, data-driven, and you love to experiment and iterate to find what works.
From your bed to your desk in 30 seconds! We’re proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA.
- Manage our social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube, Reddit, etc. Seek out emerging platforms where we can engage and activate our target audience.
- Develop a pipeline of breakthrough content to drive brand awareness, broad organic distribution, and follower growth. Test aggressively, identify a playbook, and optimize content to drive virality.
- Expand our social audience by developing compelling content to increase followers and engagement. Mobilize employees, current customers, followers, and brand ambassadors to promote and amplify content.
- Build a client advocacy program to engage customers and amplify their voices on owned and earned channels. Collect, curate and amplify relatable, authentic customer stories and integrate UGC across organic and paid media.
- Develop relevant, newsworthy content to insert our brand into conversations around consumer finances and debt. Promote content via organic social media and owned channels.
- Develop educational content that addresses consumer questions and handles objections with transparent, authentic, and credible "how-it-works" content. Leverage customers and virtual event/town hall strategies to drive consideration.
- Promote media coverage, executive leaders, case studies, testimonials, awards and accolades, and corporate content in organic/owned channels.
- Support internal comms and employer branding initiatives with employee-facing content to promote employee engagement, retention and recruitment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as journalism, media, writing, or production.
- 5+ years relevant experience in paid/earned social media marketing and creative development.
- Demonstrated success leveraging social media to drive organic growth. Well-versed in social media platforms strategy, best practices, functionality, technology, and algorithms.
- Relevant social media experience in consumer financial services a plus - in banking, lending, debt solutions, or fintech.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills -- written and verbal.
- You thrive on being an advocate for a great company. You are passionate about doing the right thing by our customers, our employees, and our community
- You are a great team player, with a positive collaborative spirit and a roll-up-your-sleeves, can-do attitude.
- Some management experience, or ready to take the next step in developing a junior social media manager.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth - there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This position is available in San Mateo.