Sr. Manager, Accounting
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
We are looking for a bright and energetic Senior Manager in Corporate Accounting and General Ledger. This role offers a combination of technical accounting and operational accounting duties. It also provides the opportunity for you to mentor and guide members of the team. You will function at the heart of our Accounting department and you will make significant contributions to every aspect of our accounting process, managing and facilitating Freedom’s phenomenal growth rate. The Senior Accounting Manager will interpret, present and explain complex accounting issues to management and external auditors. This position will report directly to our Corporate Controller.
- Lead both the technical and the operational side of monthly financial close activities
- Continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the close processes
- Identify upcoming changes to US GAAP accounting standards that will be relevant to Freedom and lead the company in implementation of those standards
- Manage the general ledger (GL), consolidation and internal/external reporting
- Gather, analyze and summarize financial data, resolve issues and manage deadlines
- Ensure the quality, accuracy and timeliness of consolidations and balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare financial reports for monthly review meetings
- Establish and execute sound internal controls and move the department towards a SOX 404 compliance environment
- Interpret contracts and prepare technical memos addressing accounting conclusions
- Coach and mentor accounting team personnel
- Review and approve staff work, journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Develop and maintain excellent, collaborative working relationships with external auditors and cross-functional internal teams (Sales, Marketing, Operations, Corporate FP&A, Treasury, Legal and IT)
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting
- CPA required (active or inactive status)
- 6-10+ years of progressive accounting leadership experience
- 3+ years U.S. public accounting audit experience
- Mastery of accounting principles and practices (U.S. GAAP), controls, analyses and reconciliations
- Demonstrable experience analyzing and interpreting accounting transactions and financial issues
- Proven leadership skills, combined with the ability to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to write concise and accurate analyses and presentations
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- A self-starter approach, paired with a passion for collaboration and teamwork
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to manage ambiguity and push through business challenges
- The flexibility and agility to adapt to change and think on your feet
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix!
- Leadership opportunities – manage a team of your own!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.