Sr. Data Analyst - Credit
At Freedom Financial, we are building leading information based lending franchises. You will be part of a small team powering the continued growth of our FreedomPlus and ConsolidationPlus loan portfolios. As an analytic professional in our lending businesses, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to address major company challenges. You will do it in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibilities, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
This person must have excellent analytical capabilities in order to create accurate, thoughtful, clear recommendations that drive how we manage our business. Statistical Analysis, data mining, Advanced Excel, SQL skills, effective communication skills, an entrepreneurial and proactive approach, exceptional time management and an ability to comfortably work with senior management are also critical for success in this role.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Develop and implement business improvements, including:
- Provide real time analysis of our loan portfolio and new loan originations to identify and understand items that could substantially impair portfolio returns
- Detect quality breakdowns in our credit/underwriting system that create credit, legal, or bank partner focused compliance risks
- Drive improvements in credit performance by finding pockets of low risk consumer where we can approve more loans
- Use multivariate statistical/predictive models to conduct diagnostic analysis to answer key business questions
- PowerPoint Presentations: Develop PowerPoint presentations that summarize your analysis and your recommendations. Present your findings to VP level Executives.
- Financial Measurement: Measure the likely cost and benefit of business improvements
- Analytics: Leverage combination of following to drive actionable business insights: Financial modeling, SQL, hypothesis testing, statistical analysis and forensic analysis
- Reporting: Design portfolio monitoring, processes, and controls for managing credit risk and identifying root causes of changes in loan performance
- Execution: See your recommendations through from hypothesis, to proposal, to implementation. You will be expected to play an active role to drive your proposals all the way into implementation - you will be required to be hands on to make this happen and ensure your proposals deliver desired business results.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in data science, quantitative business analysis, and/or statistical analysis; or relevant Master’s Degree / MBA with 2+ years of experience
- MBA or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Scientific field, Finance, or Accounting
- Self-starter with the ability to work efficiently under direction of manager
- Experience leveraging PowerPoint to outline analytic results and make proposals
- Understanding of how to leverage regression analysis and decision trees to prove merits of a proposed improvement
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Basic SQL skills
- Understanding of decision trees, segmentation, regression and other intelligent decision models used to analyze customer response behaviors, interaction patterns and propensity
- Minimum level of Math coursework: Calculus 1, Statistics 1 (math problem solving skills required)
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Operations Research , Industrial Engineering, Scientific field, Finance, or Accounting
- Prior experience in one or more of more of: business analysis or consulting
- Advanced SQL querying skills
- Tableau for developing business reports
- Coursework in Statistical Programming, Simulation, Regression
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret Probability Distributions, Hypothesis Testing, Regression techniques like Logistic Regression, Confidence Intervals
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.