Software Engineer (Java/Nodejs) FDR "Remote Work From Home"
As an Engineer with Freedom Financial Network, you will contribute directly to the success of the business and have a meaningful impact on our customers’ lives.
We are looking for seasoned engineers to bring new and innovative ideas and tackle challenges across the full stack. We believe in building teams that are passionate about solving complex problems and ready to grow and evolve alongside our expanding business and technology footprint.
We’re proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA, AZ, TX, CO, UT, OR, WA states.
- Use technology to solve business problems and drive positive outcomes
- Build a scalable technology platform to support a growing business
- Ask questions and never stop learning
- Deliver high-quality code to production, consistently
- Building microservices using Node.js and PHP
- Integration with various third-party systems
- 5+ years of experience developing software solutions
- Experience working in highly collaborative teams
- Ability to demonstrate a team-first attitude towards software development
- Experience designing/developing scalable systems
- Experience with Node JS, PHP and Cloud
- Experience with Go, Python a plus
- Experience working with various data stores: SQL, NoSQL, and/or key-value store
- Experience with, or willingness to learn:
- Event-driven architecture and messaging frameworks (Pub/Sub, Kafka, and/or RabbitMQ)
- Cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, and/or Azure)
- Mature engineering practices (CI/CD, testing, secure coding, etc.)
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or relevant experience in software development
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace a healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted the Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.