Settlement Processing Specialist II
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Position Summary:The Settlement Processing Specialist II position is responsible for the day-to-day duties supporting multiple lines of business including Negotiations, Payment Operations and Client Services. This role is responsible for successful debt resolution, prompt entry, validation and resolution of settlements, remitting payments on structured settlements and other settlement activities as assigned. This role is responsible for entering data, attaching applicable documentation when needed, reviewing the settlement to ensure all approval/rejection criteria is met, researching and handling escalated issues, processing payments on settlements and performing quality checks for consistency in processing. This position is expected to consistently exercise a high degree of initiative, independence, and ability to meet time frames in performing assigned tasks with minimal to no errors as well as numerous projects and reporting in order to keep up with the efficiencies of the department and the growth of the company. This position will regularly require attention to detail as well as application of policies and procedures set in place within the Payment Operations Department’s processes, Negotiations processes and other Payment Operations team standards. Good judgment, tact, and the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively are of primary importance for this position. Regular attendance is a requirement of this role.
- Daily Work Assignments
- Enter data accurately and ensure consistent business practices are applied throughout the life of the settlement
- Validate settlements, review/attach documents from creditors and update settlement data accordingly
- Research/Review client accounts, including specialty/escalated accounts
- Resolve settlement escalations and inquiries creatively and timely
- Issue payments on structured settlements
- Perform quality checks on settlement and payment functions when needed
- Adhere to team/department/company procedures and make recommendations for improvements
- Contribute to individual/team/department goals
- Work directly with other teammates, leaders and business units to accomplish goals
- Assist all Payment Operations teams when business needs dictate
- Special Projects
- Delegated special projects
- Assist in on-boarding new hires through side by sides and team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the Customer Service, Quality Control or Business Operations environment or related industry
- Strong problem solving skills, the ability to think critically
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Proficient knowledge of PC skills in the Microsoft product line including: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Hourly + monthly commission up to $500
- Leadership opportunities – manage a team of your own!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Job Reference #: oHLmafwI