Service Desk Specialist II
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
The Service Desk Specialist II position is responsible for escalation support for FFN employee’s using advanced technical techniques. This role offers escalation support for Incidents and Requests escalate from the Service Desk role, manages active P1 Problem and Outage bridges and email communications, manages these processed: new user setup, user transfers and user terminations, manages updated and creates laptop and desktop images.
This position requires a high level understanding of technologies to help preform ticket triage for Freedom Financial Network. To be proficient in this role you will need to have a deep knowledge of technology, the Service Desk industry, Incident, Request and Problem management processes.
Come join an elite team where you can enjoy a collaborative atmosphere, where creativity and talent excels as we help thousands of clients every day! Enjoy a flexible schedule with competitive pay, bonus potential, and a fun, team environment!
- Ability to perform all technical duties of a Service Desk Specialist I
- Able to assist with technical phone support and ticket creation when necessary
- Provide Tier II escalation/support for the Service Desk I position
- Provide desktop support for end-users for all approved applications and hardware platforms
- Manage escalated Incidents Requests
- Responsible for P1 managing (High Priority Outages) email communications
- Responsible for P1 managing (High Priority Outages) phone bridges
- Required to respond to after-hours/emergency support requests as needed
- Install approved 3rd party and internally developed applications
- Troubleshoot network connectivity for devices connected to the network (computers, MFP’s and mobile devices)
- Escalate potential issues to the Application Support Administrators when necessary
- Build internal technical trainings to assist with mentoring the other Service Desk roles
- Create Knowledgebase articles
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED completed
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience Service Desk Support experience in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem solving skills, the ability to think critically
- Deep knowledge of Windows operation systems
- Strong documentation and follow-through skills
- Have a thorough knowledge of Active Direction Users and Computers
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and a passion for servicing customers
- Strong Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating System platform knowledge
- Ability to follow documented procedures and develop new procedures and documents
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Encourages fellow team members to make innovative contributions and embrace new ideas.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiency.
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficient knowledge of DNS, DHCP, TCP and other foundational computer services
- Strong understanding of network printing and accessories
- Able to communicate fluently in English
- At least two relevant IT Industry related certifications: Microsoft MCP’s, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical abilities
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Ability to empower the Service Desk to be self-motivated
- Relevant IT Industry related certifications: Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations V.3., HDI Support Center Analyst, HDI Desktop Support Technician
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Reference #: o6HTafwA