Senior Frontend Engineer Lendage "Remote work from Home"
Currently, originating a mortgage loan is a complex and costly endeavor. Our vision is to build processes and technology platforms that scale and use every opportunity for automation and the application of analytics and machine intelligence to improve decision making and insight, to improve efficiency, and make for a dramatically better overall customer experience. We need a talented Front-End Engineer who brings a good understanding of user experience and is capable of rapidly developing high fidelity Web and Mobile Applications. As our first Front End Engineer, you will play a critical role in helping build Lendage into a rapidly growing mortgage lender in 2020 and beyond.
We are looking for a React professional (Angular2 and similar is a plus), we are very open to any strong OOJS Engineer that has experience building single-page applications (SPAs) using leading-edge technologies and is serious about learning new frameworks.
We’re proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA, AZ, TX, CO, UT, WA, OR.
- Utilize modern React to build adaptive single-page and multi-page applications in a production environment.
- Integrate CMS (Contentful or similar) to enable Product Management Team to build and maintain content independently
- Implement the back-office workflows pages by integrating with Business Process Management systems
- Participate in the design of the workflows and user interactions to provide the best user experience and streamline the application flows
- Implement well-designed responsive web-based user interfaces using React for desktop and mobile devices
- Participate in the design of front-end/back-end REST protocols
- Implement automated testing for the front-end applications
- Demonstrating the ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Work in an agile team with product owners and engineers in a collaborative environment
- Participate in long and short term planning, develop and maintain personal schedule.
- Overall 6+ years of background in software development
- Frameworks: React, Redux
- Web Concepts: REST, JSON
- Expert knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3, and working with REST APIs
- Unit testing with Jest and/or Jasmine; end-to-end testing with Cypress
- Well-factored codebases with thorough test coverage - experience in continuous integration and delivery.
- Experience working in Agile Methodology
- Ability to solve problems quickly and independently, but with a strong team spirit (helping others, asking for help, and global responsibility and accountability)
- Proven experiences of A/B testing, ideally using LaunchDarkly/Optimizely is a plus
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.