Senior Front-End Software Engineer (Remote Work From Home)
As Senior Front-End Software Engineer with Freedom Financial Network, you will contribute directly to the success of the business and have a meaningful impact on our customers’ lives.
We are looking for engineers to bring new and innovative ideas and tackle challenges. We believe in building teams that are passionate about solving complex problems and ready to grow and evolve alongside our expanding business and technology footprint.
From your bed to your desk in 30 seconds! We’re proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA, AZ, TX, CO, UT, WA, OR.
Utilize modern React to build adaptive single-page and multi-page applications in a production environment.
Integrate CMS (Contentful or similar) to enable Product Management Team to build and maintain content independently.
Implement the back-office workflows pages by integrating with Business Process Management systems.
Participate in the design of the workflows and user interactions to provide the best user experience and streamline the application flows
Implement well-designed responsive web-based user interfaces using React for desktop and mobile devices.
Participate in the design of front-end/back-end REST protocols.
Implement automated testing for the front-end applications.
Demonstrating the ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
Work in an agile team with product owners and engineers in a collaborative environment.
Participate in long and short term planning, develop and maintain personal schedule.
Overall 7+ years of background in software development.
Frameworks: React, Redux, (Angular ok)
Web Concepts: REST, JSON.
Expert knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3, and working with REST APIs.
Unit testing with Jest and/or Jasmine; end-to-end testing with Cypress.
Well-factored codebases with thorough test coverage - experience in continuous integration and delivery.
Experience working in Agile Methodology.
Ability to solve problems quickly and independently, but with a strong team spirit (helping others, asking for help, and global responsibility and accountability).
Proven experiences of A/B testing, ideally using LaunchDarkly/Optimizely is a plus.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2300 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
- Fast, continued growth - there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!