Senior Data Scientist
WHO WE ARE:
Voted one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies in the Bay Area for 2020, Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2300 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Freedom Financial, you will focus on developing and deploying machine learning models. You will serve as a strategic thought partner for leaders throughout the company, helping them to identify and exploit opportunities where machine learning can add value.
- Build machine learning models from scratch and deploy them to production.
- Design bidding and response models to optimize marketing activities, lead scoring and recommendation models to optimize sales activities.
- Develop new infrastructure to augment the Data Science team's modeling capabilities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner for leaders throughout the company.
- 5+ years of experience as a professional data scientist. This is a must.
- Outstanding modeling and analysis skills.
- Solid coding skills in Python.
- Keen eye for opportunities to get value from data.
- Ambitious, resourceful, and possessed of excellent judgment as evidenced by steadily growing professional responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with partners in other parts of the company.
- Undergraduate degree in a "hard" quantitative field, with evidence of outstanding academic achievement. This is a must.
- Ideal candidates will have advanced degrees, although professional experience and achievement are more important.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth - there’s plenty of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- 401k with employer match
- Work from home now, hybrid office/home work policy planned for the future
This is a wide open opportunity to make a major impact at a growing company. We'll give you as much responsibility as you can handle. We'll expect you to use it wisely and aggressively.