Regulatory Licensing Manager/Officer
THE OPPORTUNITY- CAN BE A FULLY REMOTE ROLE
The Regulatory Licensing Manager/Officer will be a subject matter expert tasked to provide licensing support for all mortgage, consumer lending and debt settlement business units. This position may also work across our current product offerings and their support functions to provide guidance on regulatory change, audits and other compliance related programmatic functions.
Our ideal candidate brings demonstrated subject matter expertise in multiple licensing categories such as Mortgage, MLO, Debt Settlement, Consumer Lending, Telemarketing, Collections, and Auto. This candidate will also have knowledge and application of the following consumer protection laws and regulations:
TILA/Regulation Z, ECOA/Regulation B, FCRA, TCPA, FDCPA, SCRA, EFTA, TSR
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Assess and advise on the mitigation of regulatory and compliance risks
- Research complex laws, regulations and guidance
- Provide guidance to business partners on regulatory and compliance issues
- Assist with external audit requests; involving data gathering, gap identification, and remediation
- Stay current on compliance industry trends, and help devise roadmap to meet any relevant updated compliance regulation
- Provide compliance input for business procedures, new projects and tools being implemented
- Develop strong, productive working relationships with internal customers. As a trusted advisor to various business units, maintain a strong grasp of evolving business models within Freedom and potential regulatory impacts on these; propose and influence positive change in these areas
- Assist with ad hoc projects
- Ability to manage and work with external vendors and state regulators
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- 6-8 years substantive experience in licensing, regulatory compliance, and consumer lending with a licensed financial institution, law firm or a regulatory compliance examiner
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to mult-task, prioritize and be agile in a fast-moving, complex environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Solid analytical and critical thinking skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Desire and ability to quickly learn about the activities and specificity of our unique business model and technology
- Self-starter, willing to take ownership and drive initiatives to resolution while reporting appropriately on progress made and escalating when difficulties are encountered.
- Willingness and ability to learn new laws, rules, and regulations and interpret and apply them to Freedom businesses
- Expertise on NMLS, familiarity with GRC applications, ability to learn new technology and applications
- Above average to expert level on Excel and PowerPoint skills, Microsoft applications, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.