Payment Processing Specialist I
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart/$ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 1700 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart/$ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
The Payment Processing Specialist I is responsible for daily processing of creditor disbursement transactions for the Freedom Financial Asset Management (FFAM) portfolios and loan repayment activity.
This role is not only responsible for quality checking and processing of creditor payments for the Freedom Plus product line, but also posting lockbox and physical check payments for all product line. The role will also process refunds/returns and perform other duties as assigned.
This position is expected to consistently exercise a high degree of initiative, independence, and ability to meet time frames in performing assigned tasks with minimal to no errors as well as numerous projects and reporting in order to keep up with the efficiencies of the department and the growth of the company.
This position requires attention to detail as well as application of policies and procedures set in place within the Payment Operations Department’s processes, FFAM & Negotiation’s processes and other Payment Operations team standards. Good judgment, tact, and the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively are of primary importance for this position. Regular attendance is a requirement of this role.
Come join an elite team where you can enjoy a collaborative atmosphere, where creativity and talent excels as we help thousands of clients every day! Enjoy a flexible schedule with competitive pay, bonus potential and a fun, team environment!
- Daily Responsibilities
- Enter data accurately and ensure consistent business practices are applied
- Respond to voice and e-mail messages from business partners
- Access and notate accounts, and effectively uses computer systems for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting
- Maintain customer privacy when accessing customer accounts and information
- Research discrepancies in a timely manner and with the utmost quality.
- Ensure funds available through exception advance process
- Complete refunds for payment issues/overpayments and fee reversals
- Process loan repayment returns
- Post both lockbox checks and physical check payments into loan servicing system
- Execute on moving eligible clients to Consolidation Plus program
- Perform quality checks on creditor payments as submitted by the client
- Special Projects
- Delegated special projects and other duties as assigned
- Assist in training new team members through side by sides and team meetings
- Attend required meetings and/or conference calls. Take notes and follow up on assigned action items.
- Coordinate and elevate issues with leadership team and IT/project managers as needed.
- Propose possible improvements to the FFAM payment processes to leadership.
- Assist with other job functions depending on business needs (Remitting Payments, Unclear Payments, and Inquiries).
- Schedule will be SUNDAY to THURSDAY 8:00am to 4:30pm, after a brief M-F training period.
- High School diploma or GED completed
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in Payments, money movement activities or Operations, preferable in financial industries
- Strong problem solving skills, the ability to think critically
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and a passion for servicing customers
- Must be able to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficient knowledge of PC skills in the Microsoft product line including: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical abilities
- Attention to details
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Preference given to financial service/money movement experience
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix!
- Leadership opportunities – manage a team of your own!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Job Reference #: oDJgafww