Operational Compliance Analyst
The FFAM Operational Compliance Analyst (OCA) is primarily responsible to be part of the team that provides for the "first line of defense" for Lending Operations as it regards issues of Risk and Compliance. Among the many areas of focus include the effective, and compliant, management of credit reporting aspects of the FFAM Lending Organizations (FFAM, Lendage) as well as being a single point of contact on all issues of credit reporting, file remittance, auditing, tracking, reconciliation, and reporting of customer credit data on FFAM/Lendage loans. Additionally the OCA will be a primary participant in the ongoing support of all audit functions, both internally and externally initiated, by the Risk and Compliance team with full support of Lending Operations Leadership. Further, the OCA will be a key participant in the resolution of all issues and action plans that arise from these audits, working closely with operations to ensure steps have been taken, and monitoring is in place, to ensure improvement in process or procedure as guided. The OCA will interact with teams in each the Operations, Compliance, Reporting organizations as well as Executive Leadership. Keys to success in this role will be tied directly to the audited results, either internal or external, on the accuracy of FFAM reporting, the speed and accuracy by which issues are permanently resolved, and the ability to drive quality control activities across the Lending Operations.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Ongoing management of FCRA reporting activities on all loan products within the Freedom family of products (Freedom Plus, Consolidation Plus, Lendage)
- Monthly remittance of accurate Metro 2 reporting on all loan portfolios
- Regular testing of all file remits, ensuring that all fields are mapped accurately to the appropriate source systems
- Publication for sign off on all regular testing results
- Ongoing monitoring of all completed files, testing to make sure that approved remits were transmitted and uploaded accurately
- Work with the appropriate reporting agencies to ensure the availability of reporting that captures file accuracy, exceptions. Institutionalize this reporting into a monthly reporting package for Operational and Risk Management review.
- Identify, prioritize, and work with BI to build any and all additional reporting in support of FCRA and credit bureau reporting accuracy. Ensure regular and timely production of this reporting
- Own all procedural documentation of the credit reporting process and work closely with Compliance to establish a regular audit protocol to ensure ongoing accuracy to these procedures
- Make recommendations for improvement. Identify best practices, leverage reporting agencies and available industry data, to improve internal processes
- Work broadly across the organization to deliver accurate and timely audit samples in support of either internal or external audit activities. Ensure audit sampling is well defined, understood, and provided in such a manner as they meet the criteria of both the auditors and the Risk/Compliance organization.
- Help to develop, and drive, Lending Operations-wide Quality Control activities. Participate in monthly planned testing, conduct testing, deliver accurate results, and work with Operational Leadership in such a way that results are understood and actionable. Finalize testing, compile results, and document final reporting. Finally, work with Operational Leadership to correct inadequacies and work to drive heightened compliance with procedural requirements across the organization.
What You’ll Bring:
- 1-3 years of experience working in a risk or auditing function within a lending operation
- Ideally, having held roles within a lending call center operation, either originations, customer service, or collections related activities
- Familiarity with credit bureau reporting activities
- Demonstrated experience working in and around FCRA-related functions, including those impacted by delinquency or bankruptcy
- Advanced analytic skills; able to work with data, to understand and interpret trending, and to be able to recommend appropriate fixes
- An inquisitive mind; able to consider the many sides of an issue, to ask the right questions, and to be able to reach conclusions that are actionable
- Prior experience designing, executing, and presenting Quality Control reviews preferred
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal skills and communication, both written and verbal.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and ability to interpret performance data
- Proven ability to identify and execute process improvements
- Experience working cross-functionally
- A high level of curiosity, a willingness to investigate new or trending opportunities, and to think critically about how these opportunities can be leveraged for the betterment of the FFAM team, our partners and our customers.
- Must be able to multi-task; this role will require an ability to manage a vastly diverse set of initiatives
- Must be able to stay organized while working on multiple projects.
- Strong knowledge of PC skills in the Microsoft product line including: Word, & Excel
- Strong knowledge of PC based programs - ability to learn quickly.
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.