Online Marketing Lead-Display
Freedom’s mission is to empower everyday Americans to move forward towards a better financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with two people in a spare bedroom has expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as “The Freedom Family”) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. We believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
We are looking for a talented, data-driven and motivated performance marketing lead to join our team. You will be responsible for leading the efforts on our display campaigns (direct buys, ad platforms and programmatic strategies) and drive meaningful revenue for the company. You are highly systematic, take a user first approach and will have an active voice in developing the creative, collaborating with product, and designing optimization programs to deliver the best results for your campaigns
The right candidate is a self starter who thrives in a highly entrepreneurial, dynamic and collaborative environment and has a passion for performance marketing.
Your responsibilities and focus area:
- Own and execute a digital display strategy across advertising platforms, direct buys and programmatic channels
- Scale the channel up to a 7 figure monthly spend and deliver on an ambitious growth plan while maintaining healthy ROI levels
- Implement channel best practices and drive data driven optimization across targeting, bidding strategies, creative/ad copy, platform, publishers, landing page, keywords etc.
- Build a strong programmatic display program by identifying underleveraged audiences, deploying the right bids/placements/tactics and constantly optimizing the performance
- Negotiate and place media campaigns directly with third-party vendors including ad-networks, publisher networks and national media outlets
- Provide leadership on creative and content experiences that drive conversions
- Work with data and analytics teams on measurement, incrementality and attribution
- Be responsible for the channel strategy, coming up with quarterly plans and driving channel P&L
- You are strategic, have a bias towards action and are a self starter. You identify and prioritize critical initiatives and can lead the charge from initiative to execution
- A process leader, you can work with people and technology to drive efficiency and collaboration
- A systems thinker at heart, you love solving complex problems
- You are data driven, adept at mining data for hidden insights and drive curiosity around the “why” behind the “what”
- 6+ years experience in managing user acquisition/growth campaigns with at least 3 years as a DR marketer for display, programmatic and direct media buys
- Proven experience running marketing strategy, campaign execution and operations (including experience with bid models, placements, audience segmentation targeting, etc)
- You understand the value of a compelling story and can drive best practices across ads and landing pages that drive engagement and conversions
- Experience with DSPs and CPM arbitrage using programmatic media platforms such as MediaMath, TradeDesk, etc.
- You are data driven and are hands on with analysis on channel performance, identify optimization opportunities and use data to inform business decisions. Proficient with tools - advanced excel, Google Analytics, Tableau, etc
- Executional comfort on ad-tech areas such as link tracking, conversion pixels/tags, ad serving, measurement and attribution
- You are highly strategic and can own a systemic process to optimize the entire funnel, ranging from creative to product experience
- Experience in financial services industry is a plus
- Prior team management experience is a plus
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Have a direct impact on the community by helping everyday Americans move forward toward a better financial future.
- We push the envelope every day. Be an active part of a dynamic team that is at the cutting edge of modern day performance marketing.
- Thrive in an environment that provides the white space to do your best work.
- Work alongside high-energy (and fun!), results-driven teammates with strong work ethic.
- Have the best of both worlds: be part of a high-growth entrepreneurial culture that has sufficient resources to invest in doing the right things.