Negotiations Supervisor I
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
The Negotiations Supervisor is responsible for the coaching and development of a team of front line Negotiators including: delivering on monthly performance goals, developing the skills of direct reports, hiring new talent for the Negotiations team.
- Coach and develop a team of Negotiators to achieve monthly targets
- Conduct regular performance discussions with Negotiators around goal attainment, attendance, and productivity
- Have regular career development conversations with Negotiators to assess potential and readiness to move into other roles
- Support company initiatives including mid-year and annual reviews and feedback processes, performance management and engagement surveys
- Ensure FDR policies are followed
- Perform regular audits of Negotiators’ work to ensure accuracy, quality, and identify areas of opportunity for Negotiator to improve performance
- Ensure all settlement exception requests are thoroughly reviewed and company policy along with good judgement are utilized in making approval decisions
- Partner with other departments as needed to ensure settlements are approved
- Act as a first point of escalation for creditor issues
- Conduct interviews with potential new hire candidates
- High School diploma
- Currently in a coaching role at Freedom Financial Network for at least 6 months -OR- previous Supervisor experience within the last three years in a financial services company or related field such as financial institute, bank, call center
- Previous experience in a call center or financial services environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proven ability to engage and inspire a team
- Experience using Excel, Word, and Salesforce
- Proven track record of meeting goals and deadlines
- Bachelor's degree preferred
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Job Reference #: omGGbfwD