Mortgage Loan Systems Manager
Mortgage Loan Systems Manager
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network (FFN) has seen tremendous growth since its origins in a Menlo Park, CA garage in 2002. We have over 2,000 employees based in our San Mateo, CA and Phoenix, AZ offices and are on a continued rapid growth trajectory. We have appeared multiple times on the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies list and have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work, many years running, in both the San Francisco Business Times and the Phoenix Business Journal. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
We (under the name Freedom Debt Relief) are the country’s leading provider of debt resolution services; we have resolved over $8 billion in debt — more than any other company – and have made well over $1 billion of unsecured loans through our personal loan products, including Freedom Plus.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Now, we are making our foray into mortgage lending. Lendage is our newest product line, having begun mortgage loan origination in the second half of 2018. We are confident that our unique approach to the mortgage business gives us a tremendous opportunity to succeed, even at a time that other mortgage lenders are retrenching or exiting the business.
Lendage is building a new, state-of-the-art mortgage loan manufacturing platform, a project that should prove to be stimulating, challenging, and exciting, and we’re hiring a Mortgage Loan Systems Manager to be part of our world-class team. This role will have significant responsibility for configuring and managing the loan operations systems, as well as for working with our product management and engineering teams to devise and implement continual improvements to these systems. This role will be central to the rollout and support of our new third-party Loan Origination System (LOS) software, as well as be responsible for monitoring and improving our interfaces to other software systems for things such as loan documents, loan servicing, pricing engines, and CRM.
The ideal candidate will be technically proficient, comfortable working with product managers and engineers, and able to build close relationships with the members of our mortgage operations staff.
This role requires balancing day-to-day, hands-on systems maintenance, bug fixes, and small optimizations, with the need to provide leadership and long-term vision for Lendage to continually increase automation and streamline loan production. The new LOS is rich in tools and potential for automation, which offers significant opportunities for the right candidate to have meaningful impact on our ability to dramatically improve operational efficiency and reduce error rates.
The interaction between front-end and back-end systems is a critical element of the Lendage strategy, and this role will assist in enabling the seamless interaction between these systems.
- Manage the implementation process of our new LOS, from the onset, and deliver on key integration projects with multiple third-party services and software systems.
- Partner with our Operations Team (listen, observe, inquire), to understand their needs and determine appropriate technology solutions and system optimizations.
- Define and introduce new automation features within the LOS to eliminate manual processes and address Operations Team pain points.
- Work successfully on multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously, under aggressive timelines.
- Collaborate closely with senior management and peers in the product management and engineering teams to deliver on the overall vision of a radically improved loan production system.
- 3+ years previous work experience as Software Administrator.
- Requires a high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Needs to act and work with a sense of urgency.
- Critical thinker, with the ability to analyze and make data-driven decisions.
- Independent self-starter who is willing to take control of the role and is able to deliver, without needing significant direction from others.
- Ability to balance conflicting demands, set clear priorities, and get things done. A project finisher.
- Thirst for learning, ability to adapt, and a desire to grow professionally.
- Ability to apply technological solutions to solve business needs.
- Proficient in developing, documenting and communicating plans, projects and initiatives.
- Talented in collaboration; able to work effectively with both engineers and product managers and operations personnel.
- Mortgage domain experience desired, but not a prerequisite.
- Willingness to work in Tempe, AZ.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation (increases with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.