Manager, Leadership Development
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network (FFN) is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart/$ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart/$ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Here at Freedom, we strive to Get Better Every Day. It’s one of our core values. As our Manager, Leadership Development, you will dedicate your effort to building best-in-class leadership development programs to help us Get Better.
Your vision will be critical to creating leadership training that fosters Care around our valued employees' mentorship and professional growth. Care – it’s another one of our core values. You will lead a small group of teammates with the mentorship and support of our Senior Director, Learning Development.
Freedom is a brisk results-driven environment that requires a spirit of Collaboration with leadership and individual contributors alike. Collaboration – it’s another core value.
The philosophy, strategy and innovation required to build a comprehensive and enterprise-wide leadership development experience will require the highest sense of Integrity. Integrity – a cherished core value at Freedom.
- Impacts the professional development and training of our leadership, which impacts the happiness, growth and engagement of all teammates across Freedom – which, in turn, creates the best results for our consumers.
- You will identify department specific needs that result in maximizing leadership effectiveness while reinforcing core leadership skills across the organization.
- Leverages internal and external resources to create solutions that include a blended learning approach, such as coaching, mentoring, instructor-led and e-learning options.
- Collaborates with internal and external resources to design, deliver and execute a best-in-class leadership development program for the entire enterprise.
- Develops learning paths for Freedom leaders at all levels.
- Provides hands-on coaching and development to front-line leaders to improve their effectiveness.
- Creates a results driven strategy that includes measurable ROI to demonstrate the effectiveness of the programs.
- Develops integrated communication plans that build awareness and gather continuous feedback from stakeholders to improve and impact the leadership development program.
- Partners with the instructional design team to create the training materials as needed.
- Leverages existing relationships and creates new relationships with outside vendors to procure training materials that align with your strategy.
- Stays up to date as the subject matter expert in leadership development by attending ongoing training, conferences, seminars, etc.
- 20% travel is required
- BA/BS degree is required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- 5+ years’ of leadership development & training experience and experience creating learning paths is required.
- Proven experience and success in creating and executing blended learning models.
- Prior leadership experience within a medium to large, fast growing, ever changing organization is required.
- Experience working in a leadership role within a business operation (outside of Training/Development) is preferred.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and delivering highly effective presentations and training material.
- Proactive, self-motivated, naturally inquisitive with a desire to drive improvement.
- ATD certification is preferred.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2ndyear in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader. Thank you for your consideration.