Manager, ACH Payment Processing
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Bring your expertise with payment operations and payment processing to support our new mortgage division, Lendage.
As the Manager, ACH Payment Processing, your role will be two-fold: come in and develop, from the ground processes and systems to disburse funds & collect repayments and to eventually recruit, hire and manage a high-performing payment processing team.
This newly created role will give you the opportunity to create from the ground up and have a hand in launching our newest division.
·Develop, recommend & implement operational systems and procedures (SOPs) for the mortgage lending function, while continually seeking out process improvement to progress departmental productivity & quality of service
·Routine review of process performance opportunities to determine root cause of error(s) and provide coaching for related collogues to eliminate error(s). Report trending to senior management to address in training and communications
·Monitor daily, weekly, and monthly production reports related to Fair Lending Act and other federal requirements
·Assess the existing processes to recommend, design and implement a vastly improved strategy for payment operations and funds settlement while managing volume in excess of $7 billion.
·Establish good working relationships with key stakeholders in Finance, Payment Operations, Loan Servicing & Capital Markets Teams
·Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist & guide agents in solving work problems
·Ensure operations complies with all company and regulatory policies and procedures and maintain broad knowledge and thorough understanding of applicable federal, state and agency regulations and guidelines
·Develop, maintain & manage an engaged team to ensure SOPs are executed
- 3+ years’ industry experience leading payment and deposit processing functions in a high volume, fast based, growing environment
- Experience in processing and transmitting files or ACH systems, accounting, balancing, banking and/or electronic payment processing
- AAP certification a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines, resolve issues with assistance/direction
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- BA/BS degree is highly preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite Products, CRM, Salesforce.com
OPERATIONAL FAMILIARITY WITH THE FOLLOWING TASKS:
- RPPS Mastercard Payment Method
- Vendor Management
- UAT Testing
- Returned Checks and Check Adjustments
- Verification of Deposits
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Job Reference #: o1vlafwL