Loan Officer - Responsible Individual (Bills.com)
We are a marketing lead generator and licensed mortgage broker. In connection with our mortgage brokerage licenses we are required to meet the requirements with respect to qualified individuals in the states in which we conduct business. This is where you come into the picture.
Ideally we are looking for a Loan Originator who has worked in the mortgage industry and is looking for an extra source of income.
For a monthly stipend, the Loan Originator will make sure their user information and credentials on the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) is updated and correct at all times and forward us any mail that you may receive on our behalf.
This is a great opportunity for someone who's recently stepped out of mortgage to supplement their income.
- NMLS pre-licensing requirements: meet required state laws and regulations
- Demonstrate financial responsibility as determined by a credit review/report
- Pass a criminal background check
- Maintain principal place of business
- State requirements: Surety bond; must pass national and OH tests before license is issued; and complete 20 hours of NMLS approved education before license will be issued and complete 4 hours of continuing education each year thereafter.
- Must be able to obtain Qualified Individual status in the following states: GA, ID, MD, MS, ND, NJ, NM, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TX, UT, WA
Ohio State Specific Requirement:
- At least three years of experience in the mortgage and lending field within the last six years. The experience may have been gained by directly soliciting, processing, placing and negotiating residential mortgage loans for or as a mortgage broker, or within a financial institution, mortgage lending institution or other lending institution. Must have had direct contact and interaction with borrowers during all phases of making or brokering residential mortgage loans. Experience in all phases of processing, underwriting and closing or operations management is acceptable.
- Must be able to present proof of experience including but not limited to: copies of IRS form W-2s; a completed and signed release and authorization to verify W-2s and any other documents or information requested by any licensing authority to verify experience.
PLEASE NOTE: This role will not be originating loans and will just act solely as the Qualified Individual.
Interested in this opportunity?