Intern, Information Security - Summer 2022 (Remote Work From Home)
Ready to move your career forward? Want to join a mission-driven company working with best-in-class technology? Does working with a small dynamic team where your ideas are brought to life motivate and excite you? If your answer is yes, come and join us as we launch our inaugural internship program. You’ll work collaboratively with our leaders on meaningful projects that will not only allow you to leverage the skills you’ve learned so far but build new ones that will help you launch your career. Your accomplishments during your time with us will make a real impact on everyday Americans-- and that, you can be proud of!
Freedom Financial Network is looking for a talented Information Security Intern for the summer of 2022. You'll work with other members of the Information Security team to influence business performance and make an impact through meaningful project work. You will develop professionally and enhance your skills at workshops and business overviews. You will foster connection by growing your network as you meet and learn from the broader team. You'll have an opportunity to interact with every facet of our business.
From your bed to your desk in 30 seconds! We’re proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA, AZ, NV, UT, TX, CO, DE, MD, NC, SC, TN, and WA.
- Gain an understanding of and contribute to the design and implementation of IAM functions, including: User and system account provisioning Role-Based Access Control.
- Learn to Protect against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction of data
- Works with end users to determine needs of individual departments, implements policies or procedures, and tracks compliance through the organization.
- Gain understanding of Planning, implementing and Monitoring of various security tooling in a layered defense architecture
- Update and Maintain Security documentation - Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Work closely with compliance team members to aid in regulatory tracking and compliance.
- Participate in end user Security Awareness Train end users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
- Learn Data Security protection strategies such as Data Loss Prevention - help develop plans to safeguard sensitive information in motion and at rest for both digital and non-digital against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Current rising senior at an accredited University
- Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Writing -- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Highly analytical, passionate, and self-driven individual who loves to learn, solve problems, and contribute to the advancement of the team
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in information security
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.