Head of Direct Mail Growth
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is an innovative financial services company that uses technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with two people in a spare bedroom has expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as “The Freedom Family”) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. We believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
We are looking for a seasoned leader who can build a strategic, growth-oriented function with direct mail at its center. In this role, you will make direct mail a cornerstone customer acquisition channel for Freedom and will manage an unlimited budget for investing in ROI-positive programs.
Among other things, you will:
- Define the end-to-end approach to growing direct mail programs across business lines, including our core businesses (Freedom Debt Relief and FreedomPlus) and our nascent mortgage offering (Lendage)
- Decide whether to build in-house versus rely on agency services to support our growth
- Access cross-functional support from best-in-class marketing analytics and credit risk modeling teams
- Interact with executives across business lines on a regular basis and collaborate with team members—across product, sales, and service—to ensure a great consumer-centric experience for our existing and prospective customers
- Expand our existing and new strategic partnerships through focused and effective direct mail campaigns
- Define the Direct Mail strategy—including data acquisition, audience segmentation, creative testing, customer journey optimization, etc.—across all lines of business
- Develop creative and innovative approaches to identifying consumers who are in market for our services; identify data strategies to reach and engage them
- Partner with Business Development to work with key partners to develop and execute co-branded direct mail programs
- Define and build the right balance of an in-house and agency service model to deliver on the needs of a growing organization
- Ensure timely execution of all aspects of direct mail marketing channel management including creative development, legal review, analytics input, campaign tracking and results reporting
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing teams to leverage insights, audiences, and strategies across channels
- Lead discussions of strategy, learning agenda, testing plans, creative, offers, etc. with company leadership
- Manage vendor relationships effectively to ensure we build and maintain efficient and effective partnerships
- Lead relationship management with credit bureaus and other data providers and affiliates to source our prospect lists for each campaign
- Build and lead team resources going forward to support and accelerate the growth of the channel
REQUIREMENTS / CHARACTERISTICS:
The Head of Direct Mail Marketing will have an opportunity to lead, define, and build a foundational marketing function within Freedom. This is an organization in which key decisions are made in a highly collaborative manner, supported by data and analytics. It’s also one in which entrepreneurship and growth is encouraged and supported. You will be motivated by the growth mandate and excited to collaborate with the team to achieve that growth.
- At least 12 years of progressive experience leading scaled direct mail, marketing campaigns and/or marketing analytics
- Financial services or very closely related industry expertise, specifically around credit-based firm offer programs and/or highly regulated products
- A strong functional understanding of advanced analytics and data science to develop audience segmentation and direct mail campaign attribution models
- An aggressive builder with a track record of successful growth
- Described by others, as data driven, curious, thoughtful, methodical, and approachable
- Undergraduate degree in business, economics, statistics or other related field preferable; masters or other advanced degree is a plus
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Reference #: oCaebfwV