Director, Strategic Operations/Lendage
Director of Business Operations
At Lendage, our strength is the efficiency with which we deliver leading-edge mortgage products and support to those we serve. We’re proud to set the standard for success in our industry. To help us continue our growth, we’re seeking an experienced Director of Business Operations to join our team. As an ideal candidate, you have proven senior management experience in a highly dynamic setting. Your organizational skills, communication, and leadership are second to none, and you enjoy developing innovative technology solutions that push the boundaries of finance and lending. You’ll work closely with the Executive Team to develop the strategy and long-term plans that usher in new levels of productivity and success at Lendage. You will report directly to the President of Lendage and learn all aspects of our rapidly growing business, as you take on large challenges, unlock new opportunities for the business, and position yourself for substantial future professional growth.
- Work closely with executive-level leadership in the development of business performance goals and long-term operational plans,as well as drive outcomes in support of these goals.
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and design of automation solutions, relying heavily on inter-departmental collaboration.
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity.
- Work with project managers in the development of financial and budgetary plans.
- Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives.
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads (product, engineering, sales, operations, capital markets, compliance), with external partners, and with vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals.
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks.
- Devise strategies to ensure growth of programs enterprise-wide, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs.
- Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 8+ years senior leadership role in the appropriate field.
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, production, and employee management.
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands.
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines.
- Experience with budget and business plan development.
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity.
- Superior negotiation skills in both internal and external settings.
- Experience working in the mortgage industry.
- Masterful organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success.
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software (e.g., Salesforce, ERP, etc.).
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,400 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA, and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.