Director, Strategic Finance
Freedom Financial Network is building out a new Strategic Finance team that will play a critical role in shaping the Company’s long-term business strategy and execution. Strategic Finance will enable the Company to develop and execute on our growth strategy by driving financial visibility and accountability, built on strong relationships across the Company and grounded in data and analysis.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Director of Strategic Finance, reporting to our VP of Strategic Finance. In this role, you will partner closely with all business units and functions across the Company, representing an elite surgical team responsible for improving strategic and financial decision making for our businesses. You will also work closely with our Chief Financial Officer, Presidents of our business units, and other senior level executives across Growth/GTM and Product and Technology.
This role is highly analytical and strategic, and requires an ability to seamlessly navigate between complex details and the big picture and juggle multiple projects at any given period of time. You will focus real-time on high-priority business issues and see your insights turned into impactful initiatives on a regular basis.
The perfect candidate will have a blend of investment banking, strategy consulting, and/or private equity background paired with finance or operating experience at scaling technology/fintech businesses, strong quantitative and analytical skills, along with experience or interest in driving efficient, cross-functional initiatives.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Drive strategy for the company through a financial lens, working cross-functionally with our business divisions and with the Product and Growth/GTM organizations, to identify, scope and monitor innovative growth opportunities and initiatives (organic and inorganic)
- Develop data-driven investment thesis, business cases, and evaluation criteria for growth and cost efficiency-oriented initiatives and make recommendations by weighing trade-offs
- Create, implement and oversee ROI models and OKRs for key strategic initiatives to provide visibility and accountability to ensure resources (financial and people) are prioritized and directed appropriately
- Evaluate and size revenue opportunities and investment costs - through thoughtful and pragmatic financial modeling - for new products, markets, & verticals and other initiatives
- Drive and support equity and debt fundraising processes
- Developing a deep understanding of Freedom Financial Network’s customers and most influential business drivers
- Work closely and directly with the FP&A, Treasury and Accounting teams in financial goal setting and financial and capital structure planning
- Serve as the a go-to finance thought partner - the "CFO in the room" - for business leaders and convey data driven insights and recommendations for better decision making
- Develop financial and analytical models and processes necessary to measure and evaluate Company's revenue and growth trajectory
- Help to prepare Board presentations and updates to investors on Company performance
This Role Is Right For You if You Are:
- Thrilled to be and confident you can thrive as a founding team member for this critical and strategic function at Freedom Financial Network
- Aspire to take on a leadership role in building and growing a team on our path to maturity
- An independent, logical, and framework-based thinker with ability to generate ideas and support them with analysis, data, and structured arguments
- Action-oriented and full of energy for the things you see as challenging
- Willing to embrace unstructured environments and problems
- Enjoy manipulating large data sets, and distilling complex issues into structured frameworks and action plans
- Comfortable in a fluid, high-growth environment and can effectively cope with change, shifting gears when needed to achieve results
- Have a "whatever it takes" mindset - that no project is too big or too small
- Keen to learn and do more
What You’ll Bring:
- 12-14+ years of experience, including direct experience in investment banking (tech, fintech, financial services), M&A, corporate finance, or private equity
- Experience working in FP&A and/or a highly strategic role at a fast-moving and scaling technology, fintech, or financial services business a strong plus
- Extremely strong analytical, financial modeling, and presentation skills and experienced with preparing and presenting information to decision makers
- Very advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, or Google Docs/Sheets/Slides
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about complex business problems, uncovering data-driven insights and creating actionable recommendations
- Collaborative working style and demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships
- Inquisitive nature, attention to detail, diligence, work ethic, a learning mindset, and a positive attitude
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work effectively with a variety of personalities
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, or equivalent knowledge (FP&A, investment analyst, CFA); MBA from a top school a plus
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.