Director of Business Development, Wholesale (Hybrid Remote Work From Home)
Our Wholesalers contribute more than half of Freedom Debt Relief’s revenue and we are looking to double that in the next year. As Director of Wholesale Business Development, you will be focused on targeting new accounts that will market and sell our debt relief product to consumers in the U.S. These Wholesale partners market and sell financial products from debt resolution to personal loan options. As Director of Wholesale Business Development, your success is based on a competitive drive and your ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Partnering closely with other leaders, you will support the Freedom Debt Relief and Personal Loans lines of business. Using your network you will target companies that have their own established call center and customer acquisition marketing infrastructure and money to invest in launching an incremental business/product line. Your network should include potential prospects such as telecom, insurance brokers, money transmitters, franchises, extended warranty, legal services, and credit repair.
The Director, Wholesale Business Development is an individual contributor that plays a key role in developing and executing sales strategy for key prospect targets. You will also be the external face of the company attending conferences and trade shows and securing key meetings. Our ideal candidate is results-driven and a true ‘hunter’ type with meticulous follow-up.
In this highly entrepreneurial role, you will be intimately involved in the full sale cycle from identifying & engaging key accounts, setting up sales presentations to contract negotiations. Your persistence and trust-based style will be essential for closing large deals at this level.
- Persistent & experienced "hunter" with demonstrated ability to develop and manage a sales pipeline, penetrate large targets (3-6 month sales cycle). Track record of closing 3-4 significant deals per year
- Established network and track record of expertise & success in developing Wholesale partnerships in the financial services arena specifically consumer-related products.
- 5 - 7 years proven negotiator at the C-suite level with a minimum 3 years of Wholesale partnership experience.
- Develop and manage a robust, active and relevant prospect pipeline
- Meticulous, timely follow-up and engagement with all prospects
- Detailed preparation and research / profiling on every prospect in order to truly understand your targets’ business needs, objectives, and where Freedom may be most relevant
- Strong analytical skills to financially model opportunities; excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Proven relationship builder and deal negotiator
- Competitive spirit and drive to win.
- Experienced sales professional who seeks collaboration with colleagues to "close the deal."
- BA degree required
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth - there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2ndyear in a row!
- 401k with employer match
- Flexible time off (no cap)
- 10 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.