Data Product Manager
We are looking for an experienced Data Product Manager for the Marketing Analytics team. In this role, you will bring the product vision, gather requirements, prioritize execution and evangelize the platform with business users and executives. This is an individual contributor role that requires excellent cross-functional leadership skills to succeed, working with end-users in Marketing as well as Product, Data Engineering, Application Engineering and across other areas of the business.
The ideal candidate should have strong Product Management and Program Management skills, experience driving an Agile product management process and ability to interface directly with our end-users (marketing channel managers and executives) to understand requirements while driving the vision and roadmap of the data platform.
We are building a data platform to provide a single, consistent source of truth in a fast-growing organization through:
- Best in breed technology - Google Big Query (GBQ) & Tableau
- Small, smart team of data engineers (DEs) and data analysts (DAs)
- Well executed dashboards, self-service modules, alerting and real-time monitoring tools
- Evangelizing the incremental business value to aid platform adoption
- Drive a strategic vision for developing scalable data tools that enhance the analytics organization deliver insights and reports quickly and efficiently
- Owning our data platform development road-map in support of our Marketing business partners and our Data Analyst (DA) and other end-users (i.e., what structured data assets to build and in what order)
- Prioritize agile Data Engineering (DE) sprints, manage backlog and drive Data Product road-map & vision
- Transform the way our Marketing departments consume data and insights through well-designed data models and self-service reporting products
- 6+ years of relevant experience in either Data Warehouse Engineering, Business Intelligence or Data Product Management (building out data platforms), ideally in a consumer-facing data-driven organization
- Proven experience at building and delivering data solutions from the ground up that have driven business value-preferably in in support of Marketing Analytics
- Bachelors or Masters in statistics, analytics, business, mathematics or another related field
- Advanced SQL skills and experience working with modern analytics tools (Tableau, Python, R, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts and ETL
- You can hold your own with executives, engineers and analysts when it comes to defining metrics, designing solutions and providing insights
- Strong communication skills with a balance of business strategy and technical knowledge
- You can make pragmatic trade-offs based on business context and time constraints
- You get the important details right and are able to connect and articulate how details relate to the big picture
- You are curious, relentless and an excellent communicator
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.