Consumer Loan Underwriter
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
We are hiring Consumer Loan Underwriters for Freedom Plus, our personal lending platform that provides personal loans to our customers. We are growing and looking for Underwriters to support our weekend sales team with availability to work at least 1 day each weekend.
Salary Info: $24.50 hourly + monthly bonus
Shift: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (during ramp up period, then rotating in weekend schedule)
- Underwrite high volume of unsecured consumer loan applications - manual risk assessment
- Assist in the development/refinement of underwriting guidelines
- Identify ways to improve processes
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in credit analysis and/or underwriting loans (unsecured lending or credit card preferred)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task effectively
- Aptitude for critical thinking and working in the gray areas of risk assessment
- Ability to work autonomously and with a high level of productivity
- Resourcefulness and a need to continually improve upon processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to contribute to the growth and success of the organization
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to adapt quickly
- Experience underwriting consumer loans highly preferred
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth - there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees
- Leadership opportunities - manage a team of your own!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 10 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.