WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
The Licensing Specialist will play a key role in ensuring that our licenses (State, Federal sales and business etc. ) and registrations are current. Your attention to detail and organization will help in tracking license expiration's, acquiring, maintaining and renewing state licenses for several business lines. This role will work with our outside vendor and oversee all activities related to licensing and accreditation in the areas of debt settlement, debt collections, loan servicing, mortgage origination's, and other loan activities.
This position reports to our Legal Team and will be responsible for contacting city, county and state regulators as needed. Additionally, the Licensing Specialist will be the liaison for all audit requests to include coordinating with all internal business partners to gather all the required documents for submission.
- Oversee and respond to state and regulatory licensing for all of FFN
- Develop process to monitor internal compliance as to state and licensing applications
- Subject matter expert as to all FFN, Lendage and FPlus state and regulatory licensing.
- Process, respond and submit state licensing applications to state authorities.
- Maintains and manage complete files on all licenses in all states with specific state requirements and renewal dates
- Liaison between FFN and external agencies regarding licensing compliance inquiries.
- Tracking, routing, and monitoring various licensing documents to ensure strict deadlines are met
- Develop and implement reporting dashboard for all licensing requirement for business leaders.
- Research, understand, and applying statutes, rules, policies and procedures, as appropriate
- Evaluate, develop and implement changes/ enhancements to processes and procedures
- Educate business leaders as to state licensing and regulatory compliance.
REQUIREMENTS / CHARACTERISTICS:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience dealing with state or municipal agencies – financial industry preferred
- Minimum of 5 years in compliance or regulatory environment
- Experience managing and auditing business licenses or records
- Able to work independently and exercise sound business judgement as it relates to regulatory and state compliance
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven ability to positively influence people; must be capable of effective interaction at all levels in the organization
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office products
- Willingness and ability to explore technology solutions to create operational efficiencies
- Bachelor degree preferred
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Job Reference #: ovQzafwO