WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart/$ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 1700 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart/$ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Freedom is seeking an Accounting Manager for our rapidly growing Lendage business. Lendage, LLC offers mortgage products secured by a first or second lien. This role will oversee the accounting operations involved with funding and selling the loans, as well as delivering accurate and timely investor reporting. This role will report directly to our Senior Accounting Manager in Tempe, AZ.
- Lead the operational side of the monthly financial close activities.
- Manage the general ledger (GL) and internal/external reporting
- Prepare, review and approve journal entries, cash transactions and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Gather, analyze and summarize financial data, resolve issues and manage deadlines
- Interpret contracts and legal agreements, ensuring compliance
- Analyze servicing remittance reports and provide monthly investor reporting
- Develop and maintain excellent, collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams (Sales, Operations, FP&A, Legal, IT, Investor Operations)
- Review investor files, ensuring completeness, accuracy and timeliness of resolution on outstanding items
- Respond to inquiries from Investors, Operations and Loan Servicing teams.
- Collaborate with business leaders to identify and resolve issues through development and implementation of process improvements.
- Support internal and external audits
- Participate and collaborate on special projects
- Support, lead and fulfill ad-hoc projects, reporting and data requests
- Coach and mentor accounting team personnel
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years in accounting field
- 3+ years in managing individuals
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills to drive, evaluate and reconcile large data sets of complex information
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, process and business oriented skills
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and willing to take the lead on tasks
- Resourceful, positive attitude, ability to thrive within a rapidly changing environment
- Loan Accounting and investor servicing knowledge
- Auditing or accounting experience in financial services industry
- In-depth operational experience with loan servicing, payment processing, account reconciliation, and control design/implementation.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- Leadership opportunities – manage a team of your own!
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure) 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday