Account Escalations Specialist - C+
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt andcreate a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time,collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
This position will be responsible for the day-to-day duties supporting the C+Department, including but not limited to client and creditor interaction for the purpose of successful resolution. This position will also be responsible for prompt resolution of Escalated Account issues submitted by each supporting department within the company, management of the Escalation inboxes, and special projects that arise.
Primary duties consist of resolving department cases in relation to settlement/creditor/payment time sensitive issues, ensuring the supporting department inboxes are up to date with a 24 hour turn around response time, while completing these email requests through resolution, and discovering a resolution for special/urgent projects that arise
Exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to the database updates, review of settlement and payment information, and timely completion of Cases, email requests/escalations, and projects.
Reviewing and disputing account issues, including recalled settlement accounts and unclear payments, until a resolution is obtained, reducing the amount of client effort and company cost through refunds
Flexibility in workflow and assigned daily duties and regular attendance is a requirement of the position
Come join an elite team where you can enjoy a collaborative atmosphere, where creativity and talent excels as we help thousands of clients every day! Enjoy a flexible schedule with competitive pay, bonus potential and a fun, team environment!
This inbox contains requests sent from the supporting departments once an issue has become escalated by the clients, creditors, or other business partners. Each request sent to this inbox is expected to have a 24 hour turn around response/update upon resolution. Issues that arise due to an escalated issue will be tracked, worked and resolved via case. Cases are inquiries about a creditor, account, payment, legal, and/or settlement issue. Business partners may include customer service, negotiations, payment remittance, processing, and ACH.
Unclear payments are payments that were remitted to a creditor in accordance to a settlement or stipulated agreement and the creditor failed to collect the payment. These payments are addressed with the creditor through case escalation, which is reviewed and resolved by the escalations team, or communicated through an unclear payment letter and worked through an inbox by the assigned agents. Some of these payments are associated with high priority accounts for C+ clients (when the client’s debt is settled through a consolidation loan). These are worked as highest priority by the assigned agents.
Reviewing accounts for company errors which cause an agreement to void. These accounts are carefully reviewed for the root cause of the error causing the agreement to break. This assigned agent may reach out to our negotiations and other business partners to obtain new terms for a refund. Once obtained, controls will need to be outlined for the department(s) responsible, to prevent the same error for reoccurring. Potential refunds that arise due to an escalated issue will be tracked, worked and resolved via case. Cases are inquiries about a creditor, account, payment, legal, and/or settlement issue. These are created by the supporting departments including customer service, negotiations, payment remittance, processing, and ACH.
- Special Projects
- Delegated special projects
- Assist in onboarding new hires through side by sides and team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong communication skills- both verbal and written
- Flexibility to work varied hours based on the needs of the business/department
- Proficient PC skills in the Microsoft product line including: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Customer/Creditor focused/friendly attitude and sense of urgency
- Display confidentiality and professionalism while dealing with our client’s, creditor’s, and banking information
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Provide guidance to other employees and management regarding payment and settlement discrepancies and issues surrounding all job duties
- Must have patience and the ability to creatively problem solve
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of creditor and legal documents
- Understanding banking terminology and funds movement
- Knowledge of FDCPA laws
- Familiarity in speaking with clients, creditors and law firms
- Experience in filing account disputes with creditors and law firms
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Leadership opportunities – manage a team of your own!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Job Reference #: oQ8VafwN