A/V Support Specialist
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
As a part of the Infrastructure Team, the Audio Visual (A/V) Support Specialist (AVSS) will be responsible for the ongoing operation of conference room technologies and other audio-visual enabled functions within Freedom Financial offices; including daily inspections as well as first level problem resolution. Provide user and event support including, but not limited to, audio, video and content set up and support for meetings, planning, executing and supporting events, as well as support of contact center open office displays/reader boards. The candidate will have prior experience with audio visual and video collaboration technologies as well as end user support and documentation. Communication with other non-technical groups is required for soliciting business line needs and requirements. Occasional travel between locations and other IT projects as assigned by management.
- Design, specify and manage installation of integrated A/V systems, including collaboration and video conferencing technologies
- Project documentation
- Vendor coordination and internal project lead
- Participate in project planning meetings
- Review project designs created by internal and external resources
- Collaboration with Creative and Marketing for content management
- Provide desktop support to end users and IT Support Technicians for escalated issues
- A/V support for local and remote offsite meetings
- Set up and manage all A/V equipment, providing maintenance and replacements when necessary
- Perform preventative maintenance to resolve problem or identify resolution to appropriate vendor or manufacturer
- Troubleshoot A/V problems last minute as required as well as non-critical situations
- Coordinates with Customer staff to determine A/V and basic infrastructure requirements for any new conference room or media design initiatives
- Assist with company meetings/functions that require use of A/V infrastructure (audio, video conferencing, webcasting, visual display or projection, and control system i.e. Crestron experience
- Collaboration with internal Service Desk for escalated support matters
- Completing assigned tickets within expected timeframe
- Ensure all conferencing spaces are presentable for use
Training and Documentation
- Trains and mentors IT support personnel and end users as needed
- Documents and maintains technical reference library to support currently installed technology
- Gathers data from support procedures, internal knowledge, customer ticketing system, and other sources to create knowledge base (KB) articles and quick reference guides (QRG) as needed
- Identifies training needs and opportunities with self and others
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Audio Engineering, Media Production, Information Technology or related fields desired
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing A/V topologies in a corporate environment
- CTS or CTS-I
- A/V Control experience including Crestron, Extron and/or AMX, Biamp or other DSPs, VoIP, VTC
- Good working knowledge of A/V practices and procedures, as well as A/V set-up, staging, and strike.
- Videoconferencing experience including operation, call set-up and equipment troubleshooting (Zoom preferred)
- Basic networking experience, including wireless technologies
- "White Glove" customer service
- Cabling, termination and testing knowledge
- Familiarity with signal flow
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Periodic travel to our San Mateo, CA office may be required up to 15% of your time.
- Working knowledge of project management
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Customer service and technical support skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Ability to follow documented procedures and develop new procedures and documents
- Data Center/DCIM experience, including rack design and build-out
- Highly motivated self-starter with an extreme attention to detail and time management
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines while maintaining professionalism and managing stress
- Ability to identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions
- Encourages fellow team members to make innovative contributions and embrace new ideas
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledgebase and proficiencies
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Leadership opportunities – manage a team of your own!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Ability to work in the US is required, we are not able to offer sponsorship for this role
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!