WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart/$ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart/$ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
The FFAM Underwriting Supervisor is responsible for Service Level Adherence (SLA) to ensure underwriting is providing timely decisions back to our sales partners. The FFAM Supervisor will ensure that performance and productivity standards are achieved by the Freedom Plus Underwriting department and that all necessary coaching and development takes place for all members of the Freedom Plus Underwriting department. The supervisor is involved in the recruiting, training, coaching and payroll processes when necessary. Supervisors participate in the ongoing development and implementation of processes and procedures. The supervisor will also provide back up to existing staff as volumes require.
- Provide ongoing and initial coaching and training to new and existing staff
- Perform quality assurance reviews on decisions rendered
- Assist in documenting processes and procedures
- Assist in implementation of new processes
- Report agent productivity to management on hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Ensure that all KPI’s for the individual team members are met
- Prepare and deliver action plans when metrics are not met
- Prepare and deliver corrective action when needed
- Ensure that all department KPI’s are met
- Monitor schedule adherence and attendance for all team members
- Interview and hire all new team members
- Prepare semi-annual performance reviews
- Complete weekly one on ones with staff
- Review and approve time off requests
- Review and approve all time cards
- Span of control up to 15 FFAM team members
- Previous experience in a leadership position
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience with loan underwriting (unsecured, mortgage or home equity)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Strong PC skills in the Microsoft product line including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred, but not required
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills for communication with all levels of staff.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to stay organized while working on multiple projects.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2ndyear in a row!
- Exempt position + bonus potential
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401(k) with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
- Overtime available as business needs arise, with management approval
Job Reference #: oScDbfwC