Underwriter - Consolidation Plus
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
The Consolidation Plus Underwriter I (C+ Underwriter) is responsible for timely evaluation of Consolidation Plus loan applications and supporting documentation to make a prudent decision on the loan. Decision includes approving as submitted, denying, or requesting additional information needed to render the decision.
The C+ Underwriter will assess the credit worthiness of an application by evaluating debt to income ratios, net disposable income ratios, credit history, model score, bank statements, income documentation, and any other pertinent factors.
- Meet daily, weekly, monthly goals pertaining to productivity set by Management.
- Meet Quality standards by maintaining a 90%+ average on Quality Control reviews of files worked.
- Follow Credit Policy to decision Consolidation Plus loans.
- Be available and willing to answer questions from internal partners or co-workers as needed with a helpful, positive demeanor.
- Ensure understanding of tools and systems such as credit model, income calculator, Salesforce and Lapstone.
- Adhere to all Quality Assurance standards.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform outbound calls to clients related to clarification of loan application or to communicate denial decision.
- Adhere to prepared scripts/guidelines when speaking clients.
- Ensure all clients’ personal financial data is stored and disposed of in accordance with department standards as well as local, state and/or federal requirements.
- Minimum of 1-3 years underwriting experience. Prefer some unsecured lending experience.
- Experienced working with financial instruments including credit reports, paystubs, tax returns, bank statement analysis.
- Must be customer focused, service minded and detail orientated.
- Proficient working with computers including Microsoft product line and windows based applications.
- Ability to work varied hours / flexible schedule.
- Some college. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong English communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal).
- Ability to successfully multi-task and independently prioritize tasks according to department goals and objectives.
- Adaptive and flexible – must have tolerance for change.
- Must be able to earn signing authority within 60-90 days of position start.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Hourly base + competitive bonus incentives
- No shift bidding
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday