Staff Software (Node.js/React) Fullstack Engineer(Remote Work From Home)
We are looking for a Staff Full Stack Engineer (full-stack Node.js/React) to join our Engineering team. You will be joining a growing team, driven by innovation and experimentation. We focus our teams on outcomes that will grow the business and serve the needs of our customers. As a member of this team, you’ll help us in our relentless honing of the craft of software development: learning modern technologies, adopting and adapting processes and best practices, and leveraging the benefits of automation. We are a passionate, fast-moving team and we are looking to bring on talented individuals who can help us continue to learn and grow.
From your bed to your desk in 30 seconds! We’re proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA, AZ, TX, CO, UT, WA, DE, MD, NC, SC, FL, MN, NV, OR, TN, GA
How You’ll Contribute:
- Building new experiences to attract, educate, and retain Freedom Financial Network customers
- Rapidly testing, iterating, and measuring features and growth opportunities
- Developing with and contributing to a component-based architect based on Node.js and React and delivering highly-performant and search engine optimized (SEO), accessible user experiences to our visitors and customers
- Demonstrating the ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Bring:
- More than 7 years of experience developing software solutions is a must.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related engineering field.
- Proficient in building full-stack applications on node.js, React, Google Cloud Platform
- Experienced in web analytics, instrumentation, and eventing such as Google Analytics or Tealium and Kafka.
- Experience building reliable, scalable software in a cross-functional team environment that has been successfully delivered to customers.
- Expertise in measuring and improving web application performance
- Experience in communicating with other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Experience in Java and PHP is a plus.
- Experience working in highly collaborative teams
- Ability to demonstrate a team-first attitude towards software development
- Experience designing/developing scalable systems
- Experience with, or willingness to learn:
- Event-driven architecture and messaging frameworks (Pub/Sub or Kafka)
- Mature engineering practices (CI/CD, testing, secure coding, etc)
- NoSQL, and/or key-value store
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona, and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt, and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.