Staff Product Designer - Design Systems (Remote)
Staff Product Designer - Design SystemAs a Design System Lead, you’ll be the owner of the design system and co-define the strategy & execution by closely collaborating with designers, researchers, writers, engineers, and product managers. You’ll be responsible for designing a scalable system, defining guidelines, and building out the documentation to enable product teams across the organization to efficiently build consumer-centered products. You’ll invest in building relationships, educating the organization about the importance of a design system, and will proactively incorporate accessibility into the design of the components. You’ll ensure that the consumer experiences are simple, cohesive, inclusive, and meet a high bar of functional and visual design through your design system work.
About the role:
We’re proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA, AZ, TX, CO, UT, OR, WA, NV, NJ, NY, DE, MD, SC, NC, FL, GA, MN, PA, TN, VA
- Develop the vision and framework for executing a scalable design system for multiple web and mobile products.
- Proactively partner with Designers, Engineers, and product teams in understanding key needs, prioritizing and sequencing development, and defining roadmaps.
- Enable teams to build products without friction through detailed documentation of guidelines, recommendations, and processes.
- Lead the education, conversation, and adoption of the design system across the enterprise while testing, measuring, and iterating on its components.
- Coach and mentor a team of 1-2 designers, providing consistent feedback and growth opportunities.
- Prioritize and incorporate accessibility into the process early on.
- Experience working as an IC Designer on multiple products combined with 2-3 years of experience leading and building design systems.
- A body of work to showcase the design systems that you built. Examples of products that were built leveraging the system(s).
- Demonstrate a high bar of quality in both interaction & visual design and strong technical skills. Knowledgeable about new technologies and processes within the field of design, WCAG requirements, Android, and iOS guidelines.
- Track-record of success working with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders and partners.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills. Ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences across the organization.
- Experience in evangelizing consumer-centered thinking across all levels, creating a vision, and aligning teams to execute it.
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.