Sr UX Writer
Senior UX Writer (Remote Work From Home)
Freedom Financial is looking for an experienced UX Writer to join its product team in transforming strategic digital financial products to make the user experiences more accessible and understandable to its customers.
We’re looking for someone to create the foundation and lead the way in crafting straightforward, conversational, and compelling content that takes the guesswork and stress out of complex concepts.
Your audience is the Freedom Financial Network of customers - people that need financial education, assistance, and help in building a better financial future. Your work will directly help an underserved and stressed population reach financial stability.
- Write clear and concise copy for all aspects of the digital user experience, from landing pages to chat messages to product interfaces, across the product development lifecycle.
- Create a consistent voice of trust, empathy, transparency, and leadership across multiple products while adhering to design principles and adapting to research findings.
- Build and maintain a UX writing foundation by creating style guides, writing processes, collaborative guidelines, and lifestyle management procedures.
- Write and maintain UX writing guidelines for design system components.
- Act as a subject matter expert and promote the benefits of quality UX writing internally at the company.
- Work closely and collaboratively with designers, researchers, prototypers, product managers, engineers and marketing to balance design and business objectives with a strong focus on the user.
- Develop concepts for new products and products in redesign/transformation. Provide data-informed insights to improve existing experiences.
- 5+ years of professional writing experience in UX writing, technical writing, or copywriting
- BA/BS degree or 4 additional years of relevant experience
- Online portfolio of consumer centric writing samples and content design. At least two launched products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving mindset
- Experience collaborating with designers, engineers, and product managers
Specializations to make you stand out
- Experience creating and maintaining style guides to follow a product voice and Brand guidelines
- Experience writing for a design system
- Experience writing for digital products across a multi-product strategy
- Experience simplifying financial services concepts for non-finance savvy customers
If you have other UX experience that you think translates to this role well, we’d love to see it.
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.