Sr. UX Researcher (Remote Work From Home)
Sr. UX Researcher
About the company:
Freedom Financial Network was founded on a simple idea: that our consumers should be empowered to make healthy financial decisions. We take a people-first approach to empower our consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future.
We focus equally on creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and create human-centered consumer experiences.
About the role:
As a Senior UX Researcher, you will develop a deep understanding of our consumers and influence our cross-functional teams to make customer-centric decisions across the product development lifecycle. You’ll lead early research to understand our consumer needs and employ mixed methods to unlock the critical information needed at different phases of product development to guide the teams in the right direction. You’ll be the voice of the customer and put processes in place to uplevel the product development team to make research-informed customer-centric decisions.
- Closely partner with team members across all functions from product definition through execution. Own and lead the research for both defined and undefined problem spaces.
- Proactively identify research opportunities, leverage current research, and plan for the gaps. Empower the team to make research-informed decisions.
- Plan and execute research studies from beginning to end. Identify the right research method, right research questions, define the participant sample, design the study, and execute with attention to detail and quality.
- Present actionable insights and recommendations to teams and leaders across the organization. Contribute to an easily accessible central repository of research.
- Have a clear understanding of how various research functions and data sources like Market Research, Product Marketing, Analytics contribute to the product development lifecycle and how & when to leverage them.
- Actively contribute to up-leveling the design team (Researchers, Designers, and Writers), leveraging your strengths to help others grow.
- 4-5 years of experience working in a cross-functional team, solving complex problems, and shipping products to customers.
- Experience working across products and platforms, desktop and mobile experiences. Financial services expertise is a plus.
- Experience with mixed methods of research.
- Proficient in storytelling and presenting.
Why join us:
- We are a diverse group of individuals with a common goal of helping our customers achieve financial health.
- We value each other’s opinions and prioritize what’s best for our customers.
- We value the "human" component at all levels and it’s reflected in the services we provide and our internal supportive culture.
- We focus and invest in the growth of every individual.
- We live our values to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
- We’ve been recognized as one of the Top 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the Bay Area for 2020.
We also offer:
- Fast, continued growth, and ownership. A lot of opportunities for advancement.
- Voted the Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees!
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday