Sr. UX Designer
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network (FFN) has seen tremendous growth since its origins in a Menlo Park, CA spare bedroom in 2002. We have over 2,000 employees based in our San Mateo, CA and Phoenix, AZ offices and are on a continued rapid growth trajectory. We have appeared multiple times on the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies list and have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work, many years running, in both the San Francisco Business Times and the Phoenix Business Journal. We (under the name Freedom Debt Relief) are the country’s leading provider of debt resolution services; we have resolved over $8 billion in debt — more than any other company – and have made well over $1 billion of unsecured loans through our personal loan products, including Freedom Plus. Now, we are making our foray into mortgage lending. Lendage is our newest product line, having begun mortgage loan origination in the second half of 2018. We are confident that our unique approach to the mortgage business gives us a tremendous opportunity to succeed, even at a time that other mortgage lenders are retrenching or exiting the business.
THE OPPORTUNITY :
We’re looking for a highly skilled product designer with 5+ years of experience – and a portfolio of work that shows your impact on consumers and business outcomes. Qualified candidates should have solid experience with UI/UX design, and a love for critical analysis and problem solving. Being able to explain the thinking behind your design decisions is crucial.
Our ideal candidate is a curious, articulate, and intelligent designer — someone who wants to push the boundaries of design, technology and user experience, and is ready to take on a project and run with it.
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond, creating wireframes, mockups and prototypes to solve difficult UX problems
- Create customer-centric designs by using data, market analysis, partner feedback, and a deep understanding of our customer’s needs
- Work with product to define requirements, not just translate them to design
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, marketing, and engineering
- Partner with our UX research team to better understand the needs of our customers
- Collaborate with engineers to build your amazing designs
- Ship, measure, and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Brainstorm and iterate with your design colleagues to help raise the bar on all Freedom products
- Experience as a consumer-centric product designer: 5+ years
- Ability to solve complex design problems and to demonstrate and explain your process.
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI/UX work that is more than just thoughtful - your work should have reached a large universe of consumers and achieved meaningful, measurable outcomes.
- Effective prototyping skills
- Ability to communicate complex design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- A track record of shipping great design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the design cycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of mobile and web design patterns (and when to break them)
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant industry experience
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Job Reference #: oHbT9fwE