Sr Staff Analyst
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2500 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
We are looking for a Senior Staff Analyst who will work closely with our internal and external business partners in developing data-driven solutions for the Freedom Financial Asset Management organization, with focus on the Freedom Plus personal loans business unit. In this role, you will be involved in analyzing business performance, understanding campaign results, and providing recommendations for future marketing efforts and product improvements. You will also collaborate with team members in assessing and developing new analytic opportunities within the broader analytics organization.
- Conduct large scale analyses, with ownership through all stages: understand business goals and strategies, formulate the analytic approach, perform data extraction, exploration, and transformation, and translate results into actional items for the business team.
- Leverage deep hands-on technical skills to produce analyses in various topics including, but not limited to, customer segmentation, campaign performance, marketing attribution, return on investment/ad spend, and customer lifecycle.
- Interact with multiple functional teams across the organization to identify potential issues, implement solutions, improve throughput, and automate recurring processes.
- Write queries and build analyses on an ad hoc basis to answer strategic stakeholder questions, balancing short term solutions with long term operations.
- Build processes and dashboards to address ongoing and repetitive business needs, working with data engineering, data product managers, and other teammates as needed.
- 8+ years of hands-on analytic experience in the financial services industry, specifically in consumer lending, with fintech preferred. Understands lending business processes, unit economics, and operations.
- Experience working with both internally owned digital acquisition channels (paid social, paid search, display, etc.) and external lead generation channels (partners, affiliates, etc.), and understanding measurement of each channel’s relative and absolute efficiency and effectiveness.
- Hands-on experience in SQL (Google Big Query), Excel, and Tableau (Desktop and Server) is required; experience in Python or R is preferred but not required
- Experience with data analytics and statistical modeling concepts such as multivariate regression, segmentation modeling, machine learning, data mining, simulation, optimization, and forecasting
- Strong understanding on how the data should be captured, stored and structured in data warehousing environment
- An effective cross functional communicator in both written (PowerPoint or Google Slides) and verbal skills with experience working with executive-level stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment and adapt to various situations and changing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree or better in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Econometrics or equivalent
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2ndyear in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.