Sr. Software Engineer/DevOps
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart/$ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart/$ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Freedom Financial Network is rebuilding its application footprint in Google Cloud. This is a good time to redefine and standardize the way our code gets to production.
Although this is a contract position, you'll play a key role in helping Freedom Financial Network reach operational maturity by participating in the design and implementation of our standardized CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery) process.
- Contribute to the design of our build/release processes
- Implement, automate, and maintain those processes
- Ensure compliance requirements related to deployments
- Build and maintain tools used for builds and releases
- Build and maintain automation tools for our development teams to simplify software development process.
- Maintain shared infrastructure used by all applications for logging, tracing, monitoring, alerting, etc.
- 7+ years operations support deploying web services/web applications experience
- Comfortable working with Python or Golang
- Comfortable working with Git (must have used it before)
- Cloud experience (AWS, Google, Azure, private cloud)
- Experience with any one or more of the containers (e.g. rkt, cri-o, Docker)
- Experience with any container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker Compose)
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. Ansible, Terraform, Google Deployment Manager, CloudFormation, etc)
- User-level familiarity with modern build experience tools such as Maven/SBT/Grunt/Webpack/npm and familiar with continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity) systems
- Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
- Very comfortable with Linux & Network administration including load balancing, routing, firewalls, VPN
- Good to have:
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Spinnaker
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
Job Reference #: oGpz9fwx