Sr. Social Media Manager, Brand & Comms
Sr. Social Media Manager, Brand & Comms
Freedom Financial Network
Who is Freedom Financial Network? A company with a story to tell. A company whose mission is to empower everyday Americans to move forward towards a better financial future. An established, profitable business with employees who love working here enough to vote it "Best Places to Work". Whose customers say things like "they saved my marriage", "they helped me develop a healthier relationship with money," and "I can sleep at night now that I have Freedom in my corner."
We are looking for an innovative, strategic, and driven Sr. Social Media Manager, Brand & Comms who will manage our brand and company social media strategy and own our social media channels to maintain and build our position as a leading financial services company for everyday consumers who need a little help managing their finances. You will improve consumer engagement and consideration through targeted content production and distribution around social proof, educational content, and advocacy programs. You will mobilize our customers and follower communities to authentically tell their stories. You will drive our brand thought leadership to industry audiences via social media and branded content, promoting media coverage and thought leadership content in owned channels. And you will find creative ways to insert our brand into the daily conversation about the financial challenges everyday Americans face.
To be successful in this role, you must have a passion for social media and a relentless thirst for telling a compelling brand story that drives engagement with consumers as well as industry audiences. You must be someone who understands the value of a brand and who is passionate about executing brand-building programs in social media. You are an expert in existing social media channels, plus you are constantly learning about emerging platforms and how to leverage them. You are strategic, creative, data-driven, and you love to experiment and iterate to find what works. You have a track record of delivering outstanding results in a way that garners respect from your team members.
- Manage our brand social media strategy and own our company profiles on social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube, Reddit, etc.
- Build and nurture an engaged community of passionate customer brand ambassadors and amplify their voices on owned and earned channels. Collect, curate and amplify relatable, authentic customer stories and integrate UGC across organic and paid media.
- Expand our social audience by developing compelling content to increase followers and engagement. Mobilize employees, current customers, followers, and brand ambassadors to promote and amplify content.
- Develop relevant, newsworthy content to insert our brand into conversations around consumer finances and debt. Promote content via organic social media and owned channels.
- Develop educational content that addresses consumer questions and handles objections with transparent, authentic, and credible "how-it-works" content. Leverage customers and virtual event/town hall strategies to drive consideration.
- Promote media coverage, executive leaders, case studies, testimonials, awards and accolades, and corporate content in organic/owned channels.
- Support internal comms and employer branding initiatives with employee-facing content to promote employee engagement, retention and recruitment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as journalism, media, writing, or production.
- 5+ years relevant experience in paid/earned social media marketing and creative development.
- Demonstrated success leveraging social media to tell breakthrough brand-level stories. Well-versed in social media platforms strategy, best practices, functionality, technology, and algorithms.
- Relevant social media experience in consumer financial services a plus - in banking, lending, debt solutions, or fintech.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills -- written and verbal.
- You thrive on being an advocate for a great company. You are passionate about doing the right thing by our customers, our employees, and our community
- You are a great team player, with a positive collaborative spirit and a roll-up-your-sleeves, can-do attitude.