Sr. Payroll Specialist
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Freedom Financial Network is relocating its Payroll team to our Arizona office and looking for a Sr. Payroll Specialist. Our ideal candidate will support the processing of payroll and payroll related activities in addition to backing up the Payroll Manager. The Sr. Payroll Specialist will work closely with our accounting department providing ongoing payroll support to our general ledger accounting team on weekly bases as it involves the reconciliation of our payroll financials.
- Responsible for US Bi-Weekly and a weekly 1 day turn around payroll
- Processes payroll check exceptions and court-ordered deductions
- Responsible for accurate year-end payroll and W-2 processing and government reporting
- Responsible for any inquiry resolution and follow up utilizing ServiceNow
- Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides General Ledger support within Navision
- Ensure that all payroll processing related controls and narratives are kept up to date and accurately represent current best practices
- Ensures ADP is submitting timely reporting and payment of the employer’s and employees’ withholding taxes and miscellaneous withholdings to appropriate agencies
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide high-quality customer service
- Maintains knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws. Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll requirements and procedures
- 7+ years of experience in an accounting and finance function
- Proficient with MS Excel, experience with ADP Workforce Now, Ezlabor , Salesforce, Paycom and ServiceNow
- B.A/B.S degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Member of the American Payroll Association
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Reference #: oAgebfwZ