Sr. Manager, Payment Operations
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
When you join Freedom as a Sr. Manager, Payment Operations, you’ll oversee a team of Supervisors, Subject Matter Experts (SME) and frontline agents who work together to oversee the payment operations for the organization. This role is responsible for managing the successful resolution of payment-related activities (e.g. solving misapplied payments, uncollected payments, settlement variance, etc.)
Manage the Payment Research Teams and assist with Unclear Payment Project and C+ Payments
- Provide leadership to Payment Research Specialists (Unclear Payments, Settlement Variance and C+ pay ops) on a daily basis to ensure accurate and timely transmissions to creditors
- Establish relationships with creditors in order to resolve uncollected/misapplied payments while creating scalable future state processes
- Monitor performance metrics to ensure efficiency and quality standards are being met
- Implement and manage team SLAs
Business structure and improvements
- Work with Sr. Leadership to coordinate strategic initiatives
- Lead Supervisor and Payment Operations Specialists to implement and sustain improvements
- Performance management, one on one’s and employee development
- Monitor employee performance metrics to ensure efficiency and quality metrics are being met
- Work cross departmentally and with other business unit leaders to develop optimal solutions for payment issues and discrepancies
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Supervisory or Management role
- Experience with claims processing, collections practices preferred
- Effective communication skills to work with clients and other departments within the organization
- Proven successful decision making skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Proficient PC skills in the Microsoft product line including: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Must have excellent planning, negotiation and organizational skills and the ability to independently manage a heavy workload
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Interested in joining a growing organization and using your leadership skills to drive employee engagement and process improvement?
Job Reference #: oqXhbfwz