Sr. Manager Compensation
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Freedom Financial Networks seeks a Senior Compensation Manager to lead our compensation programs that support and drive our pay philosophy. In this newly created role, you’ll get to apply your knowledge to improve and maintain our compensation structures and program designs.
Reporting into the Vice President of Total Rewards, the Senior Manager of Compensation is responsible for managing the compensation function for the Total Rewards department including planning, developing and implementing new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures in order to be responsive to the company's goals and competitive practices. This position is also responsible for assuring thorough audits and reports to ensure that our company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Manage compensation programs including: executive, sales, base and variable compensation as well as our equity administration
- Maintain compensation structures, providing key stakeholders with tools and guidance to support compensation decisions
- Continually assess the competitiveness of compensation programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets; conduct job and benchmark analysis to ensure appropriate compensation levels are maintained
- Responsible for oversight of annual salary surveys, including preparation and submission of all required data elements
- Develop compensation reports and metrics, and assist in the administration of annual budget and bonus cycles
- Design and deliver compensation training and employee communications
- Identify and implement process improvements, creative solutions and process changes to continually improve the employee experience
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives
- Ensures company compliance with provisions of Fair Labor Standards Act. Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to compensation
- Responsible for the administration of compensation policy and communications.
- Serves as team member to review sales incentive and commission programs and process
- BA/BS degree and 5 years of compensation design and administration experience in finance, compensation, sales operations, sales commissions or consulting with an in-depth knowledge of core compensation best practices
- Experience designing, implementing and administering compensation programs including equity.
- A high-level of proficiency with HRIS Systems, market data or similar tools
- Experience managing a team or track record of mentoring compensation professionals
- The ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- BA/BS degree required (MBA preferred)
- Certified Compensation Professional certification preferred
- Experience with Xactly or similar variable compensation system
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Reference #: oCJobfwE