Sr. Lifecycle Content Writer
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
The Marketing Creative team at Freedom Financial Network is looking for an experienced copywriter to support Lifecycle Marketing efforts for its three current consumer-facing brands: Freedom Debt Relief, FreedomPlus personal loans and Consolidation Plus debt consolidation loans.
This role, Sr. Lifecycle Content Writer, will work closely with the Lifecycle Marketing team and other business leaders at the Tempe, AZ location. They will report to the Marketing Creative Director, who sits in San Mateo, CA along with the rest of the Marketing Creative team.
We are looking for someone with the confidence, expertise and positive attitude who can help define business strategy and execute a high volume of deadline-driven content that is engaging, brand-consistent, and effective at meeting a range of business goals.
For us to consider you a candidate, you must be an experienced writer who craves knowing more about the “why” behind any writing project. You already have a lot of experience working with business leaders, and aren’t afraid to ask questions to get total clarity on your audience and your goal. You understand that the more you can integrate yourself into the business team, the more effective your writing will be. You are also someone who prefers perfecting your skills and growing your expertise vs. constantly exploring new things and solving new problems.
You’re someone who is very independent, yet you enjoy collaborating with others. You are passionate about creating a valuable user experience, and have exceptional communication skills that utilize empathy and advocacy. And if you have a great sense of humor…that’s a big plus!
- Concept and write engaging, concise, relevant, client-centric copy for web pages, email, print, phone scripts, SMS, video scripts, sales nurture materials, plus anything the business requires.
- Mind-meld with the Lifecycle Marketing team to fully understand their long-term and short-term goals, challenges, process, culture, etc.
- Interview clients and build relationships with stakeholders and other business partners outside of the Lifecycle team to better understand the customer journey so you can advocate for the client and more effectively drive customer-centric experiences throughout their lifecycle(s).
- Learn from customer feedback, client interviews, behavioral measurements, and other data sources to gain a complete understanding of the user mindset and user experience at each Lifecycle stage so you can continually improve the efficacy of your writing.
- As a remote member of the Marketing Creative team located in San Mateo, CA, you will serve as the “bridge” between your team and the Lifecycle team, proactively coordinating content planning, sharing learnings, and helping to ensure the two groups are in synch and aware of opportunities for greater efficiency.
- Represent Lifecycle team with Legal and Compliance partners, effectively communicating context and business goals of content in order to negotiate solutions that provide the best client experience possible.
- Project manage content through all stages of established workflow systems, taking full accountability for meeting required SLAs. Involve stakeholders as necessary and clearly communicate status at each checkpoint.
- Consult with Marketing Creative Director regarding brand voice consistency, performance goals, challenges, and all other team-related issues.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Content Manager on the Marketing Creative team to identify opportunities where content production between the two groups can have greater business impact.
- At least 3 years of experience in Lifecycle copywriting or similar writing that requires driving engagement, nurture, and retention
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Financial services writing experience
- Experience in writing targeted, persuasive communications and marketing materials
- Strong understanding of multi-channel marketing campaigns (email, print, video, web/mobile, social, SMS)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Experience with project management tools/systems
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative in evaluating and managing priorities, adjusting them as needed and supporting changes with documentation and clear communication.
- Proficient in working with a cross-functional team to collaborate and meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Proficiency in Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Google suite
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.