Sr. Digital Acquisition Designer
Sr. Digital Acquisition Designer
Freedom Financial Network
Who We Are
Freedom’s mission is to empower everyday Americans to move forward towards a better financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with two people in a spare bedroom has expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as “The Freedom Family”) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. We believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
This is a high-impact senior design position that is critical for our continued business growth. It requires a talented digital designer who has extensive experience designing and testing digital direct response ads with a laser focus on achieving acquisition goals in multiple channels.
This role is part designer, part scientist, and part psychologist. In it, you’ll focus each day on figuring out “what will get the user to engage with us?” and collaborating with other members of the Growth team to share ideas and learnings. This role will report to the Director of Growth Creative.
To succeed in this role, you need to be passionate about connecting with the end user, using the power of design to compel action that drives business goals. You embrace a broad range of design aesthetics and skills, yet your design choices are driven by strategy and data, and always mindful of the value of brand consistency.
You’re incredibly organized and process-driven. And you enjoy collaborating with team members to quickly and methodically iterate creative to drive experiments so you can learn what drives success.
- You’re a visual storyteller who uses the power of design to convey benefits, delight the user, and compel actions that move the business forward.
- Lead creative analysis, hypothesis development, and creative production based on performance data.
- Execute digital direct response creative for multiple channels, including display, native, social, email, etc.
- Stay on top of current digital design trends, identifying opportunities to test, sharing those opportunities with the broader group, and leading discussion to develop creative hypotheses to feed further testing.
- Continually collaborate with acquisition marketing managers to understand business goals and challenges, identify creative testing opportunities, and drive creative testing that helps them reach channel goals.
- Drive and project manage various testing initiatives to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage, optimize and create processes and shared documents to ensure alignment on goals, transparent communication, efficiency, and learnings.
- Dive deep into each channel to understand targeting, user mindset, competitive landscape, best practices, design requirements and opportunities.
- Collaborate with external creative agencies also developing digital and video creative to cross-pollinate ideas, leverage best practices, and optimize high-performing creative executions.
- Support the greater marketing team with compelling, effective digital designs to achieve business goals when necessary.
- Mentor junior designer, helping them build their design skills and creative testing techniques to enable them to provide greater support across the team.
- At least 6 years of experience designing high performing direct response digital ads, landing pages, and other digital acquisition user experiences.
- Experience in video production and video editing.
- Online portfolio showcasing direct response examples as well as other work that shows your range of experience and skills.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a gift for presenting information, explaining design choices, and holding an audience’s attention.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite, Google Suite.
- Desire to get your hands dirty and be an immediate contributor in a fast-paced, marketing environment.
- Proactive about learning whatever insight it takes to inform your designs so they deliver better results.
- Strong understanding of online marketing performance KPI and metrics.
- Strong project management, communication and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in print, HTML, HTML5 a plus.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- We push the envelope every day. Be an active part of a dynamic team that is at the cutting edge of modern-day performance marketing.
- Work alongside high-energy (and fun!), results-driven teammates with a strong work ethic
- Have the best of both worlds: be part of a high-growth entrepreneurial culture that has sufficient resources to invest in doing the right things.
- Have a direct impact on the community. The work you do will enable thousands of Americans to have a path to sustainable financial freedom.
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!