Sr. Data Scientist
As a Senior Data Scientist at Freedom Financial, you will focus on developing and deploying predictive and descriptive models throughout the customer lifecycle, including machine learning models. Additionally, you will conduct strategic analytics and the develop BI to monitor program results. You will serve as a strategic thought partner for leaders throughout the company, helping them in identifying and exploiting opportunities where modeling and analytics can add value.
- Build predictive and descriptive models, including machine learning models from scratch and deploy them to production. Develop and improve upon existing loss forecasting framework.
- Conduct deep-dive analytics on strategic initiatives
- Design bidding and response models to optimize marketing activities, lead scoring and recommendation models to optimize sales activities.
- Develop new infrastructure to augment the Risk Modeling team's modeling capabilities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner for leaders throughout the company.
- 3+ years of experience as a professional data scientist. This is a must. (Experience in a regulated industry like banking with hands-on compliance work is a plus).
- Outstanding modeling and analysis skills. (Experience using tools like Xeno/ScorecardPro, Model Builder, SAS Enterprise Miner, H2O, DataRobot is a plus).
- Solid coding skills in SQL and Python/R.
- Experience developing BI dashboards using Tableau is a plus
- Keen eye for opportunities to get value from data.
- Ambitious, resourceful, and possessed of excellent judgment as evidenced by steadily growing professional responsibility.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. In particular, be able to convert highly technical concepts and results into easily understood business value proposition.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with partners in other parts of the company.
- Master’s degree in a "hard" quantitative field (e.g. Math, Stats, Economics, Operations Research, etc.), with evidence of outstanding academic achievement. This is a must.
- Ideal candidates will have advanced degrees, although professional experience and achievement are more important.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth - there’s plenty of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- 401k with employer match
- Work from home now, hybrid office/home work policy planned for the future
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
This is a wide open opportunity to make a major impact at a growing company. We'll give you as much responsibility as you can handle. We'll expect you to use it wisely and aggressively.