Sr. Data Analyst
WHO WE ARE:
Voted one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies in the Bay Area for 2020, Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2500 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
At Freedom Financial, we are building leading information based lending franchises. You will be part of a small team powering the continued growth of our FreedomPlus and ConsolidationPlus loan portfolios. As an analytic professional in our lending businesses, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to address major company challenges. You will do it in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibilities, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
This person must have excellent analytical capabilities in order to create accurate, thoughtful, clear recommendations that drive how we manage our business. Statistical Analysis, data mining, Advanced Excel, SQL skills, effective communication skills, an entrepreneurial and proactive approach, exceptional time management and an ability to comfortably work with senior management are also critical for success in this role.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
· 5+ years of experience in data science, quantitative business analysis, and/or statistical analysis;
or relevant Master’s Degree / MBA with 2+ years of experience
· MBA or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Scientific field, Finance, or Accounting
· Self-starter with the ability to work efficiently under direction of manager
· Experience leveraging PowerPoint to outline analytic results and make proposals
· Understanding of how to leverage regression analysis and decision trees to prove merits of a proposed improvement
· Strong MS Excel skills
· Basic SQL skills
· Minimum level of Math coursework: Calculus 1, Statistics 1 (math problem solving skills required)
· MBA or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Operations Research , Industrial Engineering, Scientific field, Finance, or Accounting
· Prior experience in one or more of more of: business analysis or consulting
· Advanced SQL querying skills
· Tableau for developing business reports
· Coursework in Statistical Programming, Simulation, Regression
· Knowledge of and ability to interpret Probability Distributions, Hypothesis Testing, Regression techniques like Logistic Regression, Confidence Intervals
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.