Sr. Corporate Counsel
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for consumers. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Freedom Financial Network's Legal Department seeks an experienced lawyer for an in-house counsel position. Based in Tempe, Arizona, this lawyer will be a part of the legal team, reporting to our Associate General Counsel, supporting Freedom Financial’s different businesses lines. We seek a lawyer with expertise in mortgage and consumer finance laws and regulations. We are looking for a team player who anticipates and helps to resolve the issues that our growing business may face and someone who has the demonstrated ability to support delivery on the needs of Freedom Financial consumer offerings. Being adept at working with cross-functional teams, able to work with business leadership and having the flexibility to manage a wide range of innovative projects proficiently is essential to this role.
- Support the legal function supporting Freedom Financial Network's business lines including its debt settlement and loan sourcing businesses;
- Review contracts and non-disclosure agreements with business partners
- Identify opportunities and lead implementation and changes to policies in accordance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Partner closely with advising the business on streamlining processes and applying regulations;
- Deliver legal counsel and expertise on the development of new products and services, compliance with consumer finance laws and regulations, marketing, account servicing and other business matters;
- Develop strong understanding of our investor business to properly support the interaction of our borrower and investor businesses.
- Partner collaboratively to identify issues and share potential concerns and ideas with team members;
- Provide strategic support for compliance, risk and internal audit groups;
- Monito the external environment for changing laws and regulations and/or industry standards; and
- Drive and execute special projects in support of key objectives of the Legal and Compliance teams.
- JD. with excellent academic credentials;
- State bar member in good standing;
- At least 4-10 years of legal experience, including foundational training in a national law firm and/or in-house legal department experience;
- Expertise in consumer finance laws and regulations applicable to loans made through Freedom Financial Network's platform, including The Fair Lending Act, TILA/Reg. Z, FCRA, FDCPA, SCRA, BSA/AML, EFTA and GLBA;
- A business and solution-oriented approach to resolving issues;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and influencing skills;
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal partners and external customers, with comfort interacting with associates across departments and job levels;
- Ability and desire to develop expertise in new or unfamiliar areas of law;
- Desire to pitch in and to learn new areas of the business and legal practice;
- Propensity to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage deadlines with limited supervision;
- Comfort in an innovative, test and learn culture; and
- Impeccable integrity.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2ndyear in a row!
- Leadership opportunities
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Reference #: or1V9fwg