Sr. Content Manager
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
This position offers an exciting opportunity for a creative, experienced, highly organized digital Sr. Content Manager to drive the production and optimization of content in support of multiple existing brands as well as a new unified brand currently under development.
Reporting to the Marketing Creative Director, the primary function of this role will be to collaborate with Brand, Social, SEO, Lifecycle, and Strategic Communications teams to plan and manage the execution of a cohesive content strategy across all channels to increase brand reputation, awareness, consideration, thought leadership, customer engagement and acquisition.
The person in this role owns our editorial calendar and manages the execution, publishing, and optimization of blog posts and articles, video scripts, infographics, and other content. This includes managing internal and external writers, shepherding content through the Legal and Compliance approval process, and tracking content engagement metrics.
To succeed at this role, you must be a strong writer and strategic thinker who is as passionate about helping consumers learn better financial skills as you are at conveying a brand voice and driving business goals with high quality content. You’re someone who thrives when you’re given clear direction and autonomy to do what you think best, but you also want to be an integral part of a growing, dynamic team where we collaborate to solve challenges and share in each other’s successes.
- Collaborate with Marketing Creative Director as well as Brand Management, Strategic Communications, Lifecycle, and SEO teams to plan a cohesive calendar of various types of content for all audiences across all content channels that supports various business goals.
- Own, manage, and optimize content calendar production, from brief writing to final implementation.
- Work with SEO and Strategic Communications teams to ideate and optimize content that maximizes outreach potential, increases brand awareness and builds relationships with influencers, and increases our domain authority (DA) as well as our expertise, authority, and trust (EAT).
- Manage freelance resources, including hiring/onboarding, training on our process, payment processing. Write and assign briefs, review and provide feedback to writers, prioritize and manage the workflow of content production.
- Manage the process for all Marketing Creative content review with Legal and Compliance teams and ensure it is as efficient as possible.
- Work within WordPress CMS and Product team as necessary to develop appropriate templates for content that supports acquisition goals.
- Track content engagement metrics and share with internal stakeholders. Help measure the success of content initiatives to identify opportunities and drive the creation of more effective content across more channels.
- Provide additional support for any off-calendar content for Brand, SEO, Strategic Communications, Social, Acquisition, Lifecycle and Product business partners if needed.
- Help develop and manage brand copy style guide and be consistently diligent about enforcing it and ensuring best grammar practices in general.
- Create and manage process for identifying outdated content and updating it regularly, including all statistics and substantiation for claims made in our content.
- 5+ years of copywriting and/or content management experience in a creative, data-driven digital marketing environment.
- Examples of previous content work (ex: articles, blog posts, web page content, video, e-books, etc.).
- Experience leading copywriter(s) and nurturing their professional skills to enable their success.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Skilled at creating systems/process that make it easy for collaboration and efficient output of high quality content.
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, HTML, WordPress or similar CMS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Comfortable presenting ideas and information to senior leadership internally and externally.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and SEO research tools for content marketing and online marketing performance metrics such as CTR, CVR, CPA, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Experience creating content for financial products or other highly regulated industries.
- Experience working in GA360, imeet, and/or Tableau.
- Specific examples of your ability to demystify confusing and intimidating topics in an empathetic, conversational yet trustworthy voice.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Reference #: o6wpbfwW